GH-Jokers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Men and women on soaps

4 posters

Go down

Men and women on soaps Empty Men and women on soaps

Post  Stacy Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:25 am

Okay I am only caught up to the beg. of Tuesday's show but so far liz has not slept w/ Lucky but if she had there would be plenty of people calling her out just as there were plenty of people calling both Carly & Sam out as well. Question, Nick slept w/ Liz & then w/ Rebecca on the same night; where's the outrage there? Do you think as mostly woman watchers we are harder on the females than the males?
Stacy
Stacy
Hitman
Hitman

Female
Number of posts : 2831
Registration date : 2008-08-25

http://davidaware.com/

Back to top Go down

Men and women on soaps Empty Re: Men and women on soaps

Post  JohnnyAngel Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:39 am

Well, I'm not one of those people who ever called Sam names for sleeping w/ both Sonny & Jax on the same day. The conversation generally went "You say To-may-to, I say To-mah-to, You say skank, I say "fortunate" hehe.

But, to answer your question... yes, the double standard most definately applies, but it is not just the women on the boards, but the men (or boys) as well. Some of the most vicious attacks on Sam for her "double duty day" came from men.
JohnnyAngel
JohnnyAngel
Bank Robber
Bank Robber

Female
Number of posts : 1088

Back to top Go down

Post  KegVaughanacoRocks Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:32 pm

I'm the same as LG. I never called Sam, or Carly for that matter, a slut for sleeping with two men in the same day.

However, I will admit that we soap viewers generally do have a double standard when it comes to sleeping around on our soaps. Nik is just as guilty of being a slut in this situation, but he will not get trashed on the boards anywhere near as much as Liz. In my case, the reason that I feel more upset about Liz is because she is leading Lucky (my favorite man) to believe that she is in love with him when she isn't. Nik is sleeping with Rebecca who he was going to try to betray and destroy anyway, and she isn't a character that I have any allegiance to personally.
KegVaughanacoRocks
KegVaughanacoRocks
Mafioso
Mafioso

Female
Number of posts : 6295

Back to top Go down

Post  ISIS Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:45 pm

Well I was one who said Sam and Carly were committing acts of skankiness... but I will also say that so is Nik. I am an equal opportunity name caller...and all of the above parties are just nasty for those acts.

But I do agree that there is a double standard when it comes to men and women and sexual practices. Men are expected to act doggish...while women are expected to be ladies.
ISIS
ISIS
Henchman
Henchman

Female
Number of posts : 2075
Registration date : 2008-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Stacy Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:30 pm

I hope not one thought I was singling them out Men and women on soaps Lol . I just meant across the boards (all the boards) there were plenty of people calling Sam & Carly skanks/sluts whatever. When Sam did it w/ Jax & Sonny I was not really paying attention to GH so i was indifferent. When Carly did it I was more appalled by the grief sex part. Men and women on soaps Lol If Liz would have slept w/ Lucky it would have been wrong, Nic did sleep w/ Rebecca & it is wrong.
Stacy
Stacy
Hitman
Hitman

Female
Number of posts : 2831

http://davidaware.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  JohnnyAngel Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:27 pm

Men and women on soaps 11_4_124v It's ok Stacy!! It's just a really good topic for debate!! Brava.

Men and women on soaps Sig
JohnnyAngel
JohnnyAngel
Bank Robber
Bank Robber

Female
Number of posts : 1088

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content