GH-Jokers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Runaway Groom

3 posters

Go down

Runaway Groom Empty Runaway Groom

Post  LexCorinthos Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:24 am

A/N: I did this as a challenge on another board where we all suggested a male/female/situation...then they were drawn out of the hat and given out. I got Johnny/Nadine/Wedding and this is what I came up with. It is set late 2009/Early 2010
Italics = Flashbacks...and reviews are love smooches

“If anyone knows a reason why this man and woman should not be joined in holy matrimony, speak now or forever hold your peace.”

“Me, I do”

He can’t help the grin that comes to his face when he hears her voice and he shakes his head before turning to those blue eyes lit with a fire she usually reserves for rambling or telling an Aunt Raylene anecdote. Now she stands there in the middle of all those pews I her blue jeans looking like she is ready to raise hell…he doesn’t deserve her.

Lulu grabs his arm, “What the hell is going on here?” she whispers harshly.

Shrugging he turns as Father Coates looks to Nadine, “Miss, can I ask why this couple should not be joined?”

In back of him he can hear Lulu stomping around but he does nothing to stop it. Instead he looks straight into her eyes as she tucks a strand of blond hair behind her ear nervously, “Well because, my Aunt Raylene always use to say, ‘Nadine, love is like that prize buck, it don’t come around that often and when it does you have to follow it with a steady eye”

The priests’ eyebrows knitted in confusion, “I’m sorry, I’m going to have to ask you to clarify” he said gently.

“Ignore her, she’s crazy” Lulu tells him annoyed.

Johnny still can’t take his eyes off her and she looks at her hands like she does when she’s trying to think, “What I am saying is that he can’t marry her because I love him”

There is a collected gasp from the audience and a chuckle from Claudia who is wearing a Cheshire cat grin on her face.

She doesn’t stop there, “And I know he loves me” she says making sure to look right at his pissed off fiancée.

She is totally insane and he thinks in that moment he has fallen even harder then he ever expected. First she was just the kooky nurse at the hospital who kept him company those late nights he was stuck mopping floors or changing bed pans.

You missed a spot” she said pointing to the graying spot in the middle of the chairs.

Rolling his eyes he pushed the mop back in the bucket, “Thanks”

No problem” she responded her tone too chipper.

Leaning over the mop he looked at her quizzically, “For someone who just lost their boyfriend you seem rather happy”

A look of sadness came over her face and he was immediately sorry he said anything, “Hey, I was just…”

Nikolas was never mine to begin with but every girl likes to play make believe with a Prince…in reality I am more of a blue jeans American muscle car kind of gal” she said wistfully.

Smiling, “You like American muscle cars?” he asked.

My Daddy rebuilt a 1972 Plymouth Barracuda, cherry red paint and leather interior, prettiest thing I’ve ever seen” she told him as she marked charts.

You speak my language Nurse Crowell”

You're a car guy Johnny Z?”

Father Coates touches his shoulder, “Is this true?” he asks.

Lulu interrupts, “Of course it’s not true, Johnny loves me, I’m having his baby” she says her octave level rising with each word she speaks.

Looking across the chapel into those cornflower blue eyes he knows he can’t deny it, “I do”

Scoot over” she ordered coming to the hospital roof.

This was the best part of his week…Thursday nights when the park played an old movie on the wall of the Cassadine building…the hospital roof was the perfect viewing spot and on his breaks he would go up and wait for her to come up. There was something infectious about her, and different. He had never met a woman quite like Nadine Crowell… he was raised to think women were usually angels made to save a man, devils to steal his soul or toys to be played with and put back on the shelf. Nadine shattered that. She didn’t need saving, wasn’t looking to use him to self destruct…and was worth so much more then a cheap one night stand or friends with benefits deal.

Here” she said handing him a cup of cocoa, “What movie is it tonight?”

An Affair to Remember”

She sighed fantastically, “I love this movie, but I’m going to warn you Johnny Z, I’m gonna be a bigger mess then a couple of hogs in a trough” she told him.

By the end she was sniffling on his shoulder, “It’s just so sad….and beautiful”

His gaze was locked on her face the whole time…and he wondered when it had become more enjoyable to watch her then any movie they chose to put on the wall.

That smile reaches her ears and Lulu begins to hyperventilate behind him, “I’m having your child Johnny, what happened to us being a family?”she asks her tone nipping at him.

“DNA test*cough*DNA test” Claudia mutters in the midst of the arguing.

He was done with Lulu…officially. She had left town when they broke up, and the truth was he didn’t miss her; just the fantasy he had in his head of what they could be. Nothing between them had ever been real; just nice faces of who they wanted to see. Then she showed up on his front porch, six months pregnant and telling him they could give their kid everything they never had. It was some messed up sense of obligation on his part to agree to a farce of a marriage…but he can’t be anyone’s savior anymore…he can hardly save himself.

“Lu, I’m sorry” is all he can say before he turns back to Nadine.

She’s standing there hands on hips with a smile, “Well it took you long enough”

Grabbing her hand he pulls her out of the chapel. In the front of the church is Leyla in a Cherry red 1972 Plymouth Barracuda, “Finally, I thought I was going to have to bust you out of there” she said as they jumped in the backseat.

“You’re crazy” he tells Nadine as Leyla takes off down the street.

In the distance he can see everyone standing out in front of the church, getting smaller and smaller until the only thing he sees is those two eyes shining at him, “I’m kind of sweet on you” she says a bit of shyness coming to her face.

Leaning in he brushes his lips against hers and Leyla groans, “Alright, there will be none of that in this car” she scolded.

Both laugh and Nadine entwines her fingers in his, “Where to Johnny Z?

“Wherever you’ll have me, Nadine, but I don’t want to scare you…my life, my family” he starts to try and explain and she shakes her head.

“I knew what I was getting myself into when I walked into that church” she tells him chin raised, “I know you’re daddy’s crazier then an old mule, and that you’re about to have your own little filly but I’m not going to let the buck run past me without giving it a steady shot”

“Aunt Raylene was a smart woman” he says smiling.

“Yes she was”

Leyla pulls up to her apartment building, “Alright I’ll leave it to you crazy kids, don’t do anything I won’t do…and Johnny you hurt her and you answer to me. Goodbye love” she said opening the back down and kissing her friend’s cheek.

Nadine waves smiling before sliding over the divided, “You coming?”

“Let’s go” he answers climbing over.

Turning left she starts out on the highway, “How do you feel about milking a cow?”

“I can learn”

“Good answer Johnny Z, good answer”

Freedom in love…he found it in a beautiful crazy nurse, and would follow it any where she would let him.
LexCorinthos
LexCorinthos
Informant
Informant

Female
Number of posts : 447
Registration date : 2008-08-25

Back to top Go down

Runaway Groom Empty Re: Runaway Groom

Post  Stacy Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:40 am

LMAO in a good way of course! That was too funny, Lulu being left, Claudia & the DNA comment! You seemed to have embodied Nadines quirkiness to make it endearing! too cute! Great job Lex
Stacy
Stacy
Hitman
Hitman

Female
Number of posts : 2831
Registration date : 2008-08-25

http://davidaware.com/

Back to top Go down

Runaway Groom Empty Re: Runaway Groom

Post  jasefan Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:38 pm

Great Job!!