GH-Jokers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Actress brain dead after accident

5 posters

Go down

Actress brain dead after accident Empty Actress brain dead after accident

Post  Guest Wed Mar 18, 2009 3:32 am

Actress Natasha Richardson was flown to New York City from Canada yesterday in a serious condition with head injuries suffered in a skiing accident, the New York Times reported, citing two people close to her family.
Richardson’s condition is very serious and her family is highly distressed, the newspaper cited the unidentified people as saying. The plane arrived in New York late yesterday, they said, declining to say where Richardson was being treated.
The 45-year-old actress, married to actor Liam Neeson, is the daughter of Vanessa Redgrave and director Tony Richardson, who died in 1991. Neeson was seen crouched inside an ambulance beside his wife yesterday at Hôpital du Sacré-Coeur in Montreal as she lay wrapped in blankets with tubes around her face, the newspaper said.
There were conflicting reports about Richardson’s medical condition yesterday, and by evening, the nature and gravity of her condition couldn’t be officially confirmed, according to the NYT. United Press International earlier said the actress died, citing a report on OK Magazine’s Web site.
Redgrave was seen walking into New York’s Lenox Hill Hospital wearing a scarf and looking somber at 8:40 p.m. yesterday, the NYT said. The hospital said it wasn’t treating any patients with the last name “Richardson” and an after business- hours voicemail left by Bloomberg News with Neeson’s agent, Alan Nierob, wasn’t returned.
Richardson was taking a lesson on a beginner’s slope when she fell at about 3 p.m. two days ago. Her instructor called the ski patrol, which came to Richardson’s aid, said Catherine Lacasse, the public relations supervisor for Mont Tremblant Resorts.
“She was awake and alive and laughing and breathing,” Lacasse said. “She refused to see a doctor. She said she was fine and everything was OK.”
When she started having headaches about an hour later, Richardson was taken by ambulance to a hospital about 20 minutes from the resort, the NYT said.
The U.K.-born Richardson has appeared in films such as “The Parent Trap,” “Patty Hearst” and “The Handmaid’s Tale.” Richardson won a Tony Award in 1998 for her role in the Broadway musical “Cabaret.”

Back to top Go down

Actress brain dead after accident Empty Re: Actress brain dead after accident

Post  ghsoaps Wed Mar 18, 2009 5:15 am

The Wicked One wrote:Actress Natasha Richardson was flown to New York City from Canada yesterday in a serious condition with head injuries suffered in a skiing accident, the New York Times reported, citing two people close to her family.
Richardson’s condition is very serious and her family is highly distressed, the newspaper cited the unidentified people as saying. The plane arrived in New York late yesterday, they said, declining to say where Richardson was being treated.
The 45-year-old actress, married to actor Liam Neeson, is the daughter of Vanessa Redgrave and director Tony Richardson, who died in 1991. Neeson was seen crouched inside an ambulance beside his wife yesterday at Hôpital du Sacré-Coeur in Montreal as she lay wrapped in blankets with tubes around her face, the newspaper said.
There were conflicting reports about Richardson’s medical condition yesterday, and by evening, the nature and gravity of her condition couldn’t be officially confirmed, according to the NYT. United Press International earlier said the actress died, citing a report on OK Magazine’s Web site.
Redgrave was seen walking into New York’s Lenox Hill Hospital wearing a scarf and looking somber at 8:40 p.m. yesterday, the NYT said. The hospital said it wasn’t treating any patients with the last name “Richardson” and an after business- hours voicemail left by Bloomberg News with Neeson’s agent, Alan Nierob, wasn’t returned.
Richardson was taking a lesson on a beginner’s slope when she fell at about 3 p.m. two days ago. Her instructor called the ski patrol, which came to Richardson’s aid, said Catherine Lacasse, the public relations supervisor for Mont Tremblant Resorts.
“She was awake and alive and laughing and breathing,” Lacasse said. “She refused to see a doctor. She said she was fine and everything was OK.”
When she started having headaches about an hour later, Richardson was taken by ambulance to a hospital about 20 minutes from the resort, the NYT said.
The U.K.-born Richardson has appeared in films such as “The Parent Trap,” “Patty Hearst” and “The Handmaid’s Tale.” Richardson won a Tony Award in 1998 for her role in the Broadway musical “Cabaret.”

I read about this So Sad crying
ghsoaps
ghsoaps
Mafioso
Mafioso

Female
Number of posts : 5858
Location : On top the pool table with Jason and Sonny, with a side of Nick
Registration date : 2009-01-08

Back to top Go down

Post  jasefan Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:49 pm

Thanks for posting this how sad! No My thoughts and prayers go out to her family!

Last edited by jasefan on Wed Mar 18, 2009 5:28 pm; edited 2 times in total
jasefan
jasefan
Mafioso
Mafioso

Female
Number of posts : 11379
Registration date : 2008-11-17

Back to top Go down

Post  mackenzie2184 Wed Mar 18, 2009 2:19 pm

I heard about this on the news. That is really sad and my heart and prayers goes out to her family.
mackenzie2184
mackenzie2184
Mafioso
Mafioso

Female
Number of posts : 6018
Registration date : 2008-10-13

http://artistic-designs.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Post  AlexisDavisFanFirst Wed Mar 18, 2009 2:29 pm

That is very sad. Apparently a new article is out saying that she is being kept alive on machines for the family to say goodbye. I feel so bad for her friends & loved ones.

AlexisDavisFanFirst
Hitman
Hitman

Female
Number of posts : 3131
Registration date : 2008-10-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:11 pm

Natasha Richardson, a gifted and precocious heiress to acting royalty whose career highlights included the film "Patty Hearst" and a Tony-winning performance in a stage revival of "Cabaret," died Wednesday at age 45 after suffering a head injury from a skiing accident.

I think we all knew this was coming........

Back to top Go down

Post  jasefan Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:36 am

Aww my heart goes out to the family! This is so sad!
jasefan
jasefan
Mafioso
Mafioso

Female
Number of posts : 11379
Registration date : 2008-11-17

Back to top Go down

Post  clarityfades Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:32 pm

So sad...I adore her work & that of her husband. My thoughts & prayers are w/ her family.
clarityfades
clarityfades
Mafioso
Mafioso

Female
Number of posts : 5584
Location : In Ric's bed...with Ian, Lucky, Nik & Sonny...yes, I'm greedy
Registration date : 2008-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content