GH-Jokers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Robin's Confession

+2
samizgh
mackenzie2184
6 posters

Go down

Robin's Confession Empty Robin's Confession

Post  mackenzie2184 Wed Apr 01, 2009 5:23 pm

Okay, I just watched the scene of Robin's confession to her shrink and I have to say that I knew what Robin's confession was going to be all along. "I don't want to be a mother at all." Those are strong words for her to say when she went around town asking Lucky, Jax, Nikolas, and whoever else to father her baby. I just don't get it. She wanted a baby so bad... now that she has Emma and is married, she wants nothing to do with Emma or her marriage.

That's just my opinion.
mackenzie2184
mackenzie2184
Mafioso
Mafioso

Female
Number of posts : 6018
Registration date : 2008-10-13

http://artistic-designs.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Robin's Confession Empty Re: Robin's Confession

Post  samizgh Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:08 am

I think it's nuts, she should be greatful she has all that she does.

Imagine what would have happened to baby Emma if Patrick wasn't in her life.
samizgh
samizgh
Hitman
Hitman

Female
Number of posts : 3842
Registration date : 2008-08-25

https://gh-jokers.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  mackenzie2184 Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:19 am

samizgh wrote:I think it's nuts, she should be greatful she has all that she does.

Imagine what would have happened to baby Emma if Patrick wasn't in her life.

Exactly, A! Emma wouldn't exist and Patrick probably wouldn't have given Robin the time of day.
mackenzie2184
mackenzie2184
Mafioso
Mafioso

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  samizgh Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:24 am

There are a ton of ladies who can't have babies, that would love to have Emma.
samizgh
samizgh
Hitman
Hitman

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  mackenzie2184 Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:42 am

Yeah I know. I feel sorry for Emma and Patrick now. I just can't get over that confession that Robin made.
mackenzie2184
mackenzie2184
Mafioso
Mafioso

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  samizgh Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:34 am

I think they should give her electro shock therapy affraid affraid affraid affraid
samizgh
samizgh
Hitman
Hitman

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  mackenzie2184 Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:39 pm

ITA!
mackenzie2184
mackenzie2184
Mafioso
Mafioso

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  clarityfades Thu Apr 02, 2009 5:07 pm

I love y'all but I gotta disagree. Not wanting to be a mother anymore is a common symptom of PPD. She only feels this way b/c of the PPD. Robin finally has the life she's always wanted, but the pressures she puts on herself to be perfect in all she does, has partially contributed to Robin reaching this point. & goddamn, I hate Robin, & I'm so sick of understanding where she's coming from...I haven't defended Robin this much...EVER!! lol! I'm glad Robin's in therapy, b/c we finally get to see more of her POV...which I think we also saw a great look @ when she was talking w/ Sonny. I really feel for Robin & truly believe she wants to be a mother & wife...she's just overwhelmed & will be until she finishes treatment. Even then, it won't be easy, & she won't be perfect...but I think she (& Scrubs) will come through this stronger than ever.
clarityfades
clarityfades
Mafioso
Mafioso

Female
Number of posts : 5584
Location : In Ric's bed...with Ian, Lucky, Nik & Sonny...yes, I'm greedy

Back to top Go down

Post  Stacy Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:10 am

Clarity, GREAT POST!!! Bravo!
I know there are a lot of people who just cannot understand PPD, they don't see it as a real condition that actually affects the way you feel & think but it does. Like I said before people cannot imagine Robin not wanting her child & although it is a soap its pretty close to how a mother w/ ppd feels. if you cannot imagine how a mother cannot want her child on PPD look back to some of the major news stories of mothers killing their children because of PPD. Children they loved and cared for before the illness. the only blame I put on Robin is not accepting her illness but I am glad she is in therapy, i just hope she is in therapy accepting her illness soon.

Personally I think Patrick is making things worse & I am about to jump off the Scrubs ship. I understand & totally get that he is going through something major as well however he does talk to Robin in a condescending tone & his talks w/ Liz is ALL about blame. He's pissed at Robin for having an illness that she didn't ask for. I'm not even talking about him talking to Carly, Sonny, liz, Matt & lainey about Robin's issue but the manner in which he talks to her even before he faced the fact that she has PPD. Dogging her for not wanting to be home w/ Emma yet he's at the hospital every minute he can get, taking on more "special" cases (Michael), going out drinking when his wife is gone & leaving his daughter w/ nurses!, etc.... He knew there was a problem and he could have put in for time off but instead he leaves Emma w/ Robin what the f***? & his constant shipping of Liz as Mother Theresa is sickening. "Why can't Robin be more like you!" I'm a Liz fan but I love her for her faults not because I think she is perfect! That was the worst comment he could make & I don't care whether Robin was there to hear it or not!

I will say though I am glad that Sonny is part of this now! He truly gets how hard it is for Robin to face it & go on meds & he doesn't let her have a pity party! i loved when he told her to hurry up & get better because Emma needed her mommy!
Stacy
Stacy
Hitman
Hitman

Female
Number of posts : 2831

http://davidaware.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  samizgh Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:28 am

Stacy, and C I love what you guys said and I agree with most of it. I know PPD is very real, but I don't get it. I've not personally known anyone with it. I love being a mommy and always have, so I just don't get it. I still don't see her as making an effort to get help, she's only doing it for Patrick. Patrick needs to ease up and they need a live in nanny, not a loaner nanny and a neighbor. I still love Robin and my scrubs, but they need to get it together. Baby Emma might just grow up thinking Liz is her mom.
samizgh
samizgh
Hitman
Hitman

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  ghsoaps Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:43 am

Patrick definitely need to get a real nanny before Liz stick that knife in Robins back
ghsoaps
ghsoaps
Mafioso
Mafioso

Female
Number of posts : 5858
Location : On top the pool table with Jason and Sonny, with a side of Nick
Registration date : 2009-01-08

Back to top Go down

Post  ISIS Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:53 am

Clare and Stacy...WONDERFUL posts!

I will post my comments later when I get home because I will have to paste it from Hella Good and I can't access that site here from work.
ISIS
ISIS
Henchman
Henchman

Female
Number of posts : 2075
Registration date : 2008-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post  mackenzie2184 Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:29 pm

Nice posts, Stacy and Clarity. I know PPD is real and even though I'm not a mother I do agree with you on that aspect but I also agree with Adriana because Robin isn't making an effort to help Patrick raise their daughter. She's just going through the motions of being a mother and to me, that's not what Robin should be doing. Robin needs help and the sooner she gets it the sooner she can stop living in her fantasy world and start being a mother.

Adriana's right, soon Emma might start to think that Liz is her mother if Patrick doesn't hire a live in nanny and yes Patrick does needs to ease up on Robin. He needs to stop judging her.
Bottom line, Robin needs help and defying Patrick, and the doctor isn't going to make her better.
mackenzie2184
mackenzie2184
Mafioso
Mafioso

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  ISIS Fri Apr 03, 2009 4:10 pm

Posting what I posted earlier this week on Hella Good...

Re: the PPD s/l...I think is VERY good considering the writing on this show is mostly crap...but it really IS a good plot...and they are playing it out well...KMcC is doing a fab job with this...she's hitting it head on too...Robin is SUPPOSED to be making us viewers crazy right now...PPD is like that...other folks will get it before she does...they will want to help...but in the end...Robin has to seek help herself.

Re: Robin...but the thing is A LOT of this she has NO control over..it's chemical...but yeah I can understand her wanting control... esp because she's such a control freak...I can best compare it to what happened with Sue Ellen on Dallas...who never really had control of herself or her life till WAAAAAY later in the series...but let's just talk about her bout with PPD after John Ross was born...Sue Ellen felt responsible for his premature birth because during her pregnancy *well actually before it but it got worse during*...she begame an alcoholic...and her alcoholism was the cause of the accident that led to her giving birth prematurely and almost dying as well as John Ross almost dying...so she felt guilty that she'd lost control...then realized she never had control...her life had been run by her mother who pimped her out on the pageant circuit *Sue Ellen was a former Miss Texas*...then she married JR because she was expected to marry a rich and powerful man *although she married him for love because she could have married someone with more wealth and power*...anywho...by the time John Ross is born she's a hot mess...and she can't be a mom to him like she craves...she ignores him for MONTHS...however she puts HERSELF in therapy...and eventually she begins to care for him and becomes a pretty decent mom to him *in spite of her battle with alcoholism*...

So my point is...bear with Robin...she'll be all right....eventually....by the time she gets into REAL therapy...she will find out a lot more about the demons inside her...I think she's needed it all along because she's got "mommy and daddy" issues of her own that have nothing to do with Emma.

Re: Pat/Liz...I like their chemistry...HOWEVER...

Re: Scrubs...like all good soap couples...LONGLASTING soapcouples...Scrubs is headed in the right direction...they're not supposed to be sugary sweet happy all the time...they're supposed to go through issues...that's how it is...and the BEST of soapcouples do it...just on GH alone...Steve and Audrey...Alan and Monica, Rick and Lesley, Luke and Laura, Frisco and Felicia, Duke and Anna, Sonny and Brenda...Jason and Sam...they've ALL gone through it...some ended...some stayed forever *however long their forever was*...Steve and Audrey and Alan and Monica being the two BEST examples of this...

So hang in there Scrubbies...I believe that IF the writers are SMART...they'll let Scrubs have their 'issues" but keep them together...so fasten your seat belts...hang on tight...and enjoy the rollercoaster ride.
ISIS
ISIS
Henchman
Henchman

Female
Number of posts : 2075
Registration date : 2008-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down