GH-Jokers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Archie finally chooses...

4 posters

Go down

Archie finally chooses... Empty Archie finally chooses...

Post  JohnnyAngel Fri May 29, 2009 2:45 pm

Archie shocker: Comic book hero picks Veronica
Last Updated: Thursday, May 28, 2009
'Has Archie finally decided to take the plunge and propose to comics' favourite rich girl? It sure looks that way,' the official Archie Comics website said. (Archie Comic Publications Inc.)In what's being billed the "Archie Story of the Century," perennially indecisive loverboy Archie Andrews has finally chosen the raven-haired Veronica Lodge over sunny girl-next-door Betty Cooper, according to the official Archie Comics website.

"Could it be true? Has Archie finally decided to take the plunge and propose to comics' favourite rich girl? It sure looks that way!" read a note posted online Wednesday.

The posting is accompanied by a comic book cover featuring Archie, on one knee, offering a ring up to Veronica, depicted saying "Yes!" A teary Betty and shocked Jughead — Archie's best friend — look on.

The storyline will span a six-part series, beginning with the comic's issue number 600, Archie Marries Veronica Part 1: The Proposal, set to hit comic shops Aug. 19 and newsstands on Sept. 1, according to the post.

End of the love triangle
The series will purportedly explore the Riverdale gang's graduation from college and their shift into adult life.

"What careers will they seek? Will the friends stay in Riverdale or disperse? What would lead Archie to have marriage on his mind? And why would he choose Veronica over Betty? How will Betty react? …With the Lodges as hosts, this will be the biggest wedding Riverdale has ever seen."

The news of the marriage storyline — teased for several weeks — has sparked passionate reaction online from comics fans both young and old.

The love triangle between the three colourful characters has been a key plot point of the Archie comics for nearly seven decades.

In the 1994-1995 "Love Showdown" storyline, the carrot-topped hero was also set to choose between the two comely gals, but shockingly picked his old flame Cheryl Blossom. That relationship ultimately dissolved and Archie was once again left to dither between Betty and Veronica.
JohnnyAngel
JohnnyAngel
Bank Robber
Bank Robber

Female
Number of posts : 1088
Registration date : 2008-08-25

Back to top Go down

Archie finally chooses... Empty Re: Archie finally chooses...

Post  jasefan Fri May 29, 2009 5:59 pm

Thanks
jasefan
jasefan
Mafioso
Mafioso

Female
Number of posts : 11379
Registration date : 2008-11-17

Back to top Go down

Post  ghsoaps Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:32 am

That sucks, even though he's always had more of a thing for Veronica than Betty, I always thought Betty was more suited for Archie
ghsoaps
ghsoaps
Mafioso
Mafioso

Female
Number of posts : 5858
Location : On top the pool table with Jason and Sonny, with a side of Nick
Registration date : 2009-01-08

Back to top Go down

Post  JohnnyAngel Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:53 am

ghsoaps wrote:That sucks, even though he's always had more of a thing for Veronica than Betty, I always thought Betty was more suited for Archie

Me too!! I guess that's why I thought this was news!! lol!
JohnnyAngel
JohnnyAngel
Bank Robber
Bank Robber

Female
Number of posts : 1088
Registration date : 2008-08-25

Back to top Go down

Archie finally chooses... Empty I can't believe I'm actually posting on this...

Post  ISIS Sat Jul 11, 2009 10:24 pm

BUT...

I can't believe he's choose that bitch Veronica over Betty...

She gone hurt him. No
ISIS
ISIS
Henchman
Henchman

Female
Number of posts : 2075
Registration date : 2008-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down