GH-Jokers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Romance Novels

+4
mackenzie2184
Stacy
samismyhero
clarityfades
8 posters

Go down

Romance Novels Empty Romance Novels

Post  clarityfades Sun Nov 09, 2008 6:26 pm

One of my big loves is romance novels...contemporary, historical, futuristic: it doesn't matter. I tend to not read very many urban ones, just b/c it's not my style.

But I adore Nora Roberts...I've read almost everything she's ever written. & I love Jayne Ann Krentz aka Amanda Quick aka Jayne Castle. I'm obsessed w/ her work as well...so good.

So give me your faves...so I can read them, of course! hee-hee! & so we can discuss them as well.
clarityfades
clarityfades
Mafioso
Mafioso

Female
Number of posts : 5584
Location : In Ric's bed...with Ian, Lucky, Nik & Sonny...yes, I'm greedy
Registration date : 2008-08-25

Back to top Go down

Romance Novels Empty Re: Romance Novels

Post  samismyhero Sun Nov 09, 2008 9:23 pm

I just finished my first Nora Roberts book...First Impressions, which I thought was really good. I couldn't stop reading it I was staying up way too late just so I could read one more chapter and then when I was done with that chapter I had to read one more! I like a lot Nicholas Sparks' books. I mostly read Mary Higgins Clark and James Patterson and that type of book but I am open to anything as long as I get sucked in!
samismyhero
samismyhero
Bank Robber
Bank Robber

Female
Number of posts : 835
Registration date : 2008-09-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Stacy Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:54 pm

FAVE author's are James Patterson, Dean Koontz, & Patricia Cornwell. I recently read Sandra Brown's Smoke Screen & that was a very good book. I have yet to read the Twilight series but plan to soon. i used to LOVE Anne Rice as well.
Stacy
Stacy
Hitman
Hitman

Female
Number of posts : 2831

http://davidaware.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:52 pm

Only thing close to a romance novel is Southern Comforts by JoAnn Ross.

Back to top Go down

Post  mackenzie2184 Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:41 pm

I've read most of Nicholas Sparks' books and James Patterson's as well. I plan to read the Twilight series. My mom told me I'd like them since I read romance novels.
mackenzie2184
mackenzie2184
Mafioso
Mafioso

Female
Number of posts : 6018
Registration date : 2008-10-13

http://artistic-designs.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Post  KegVaughanacoRocks Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:43 pm

I love most all Nicholas Sparks books, particularly The Notebook and its sequel The Wedding. Both are incredibly touching!
KegVaughanacoRocks
KegVaughanacoRocks
Mafioso
Mafioso

Female
Number of posts : 6295

Back to top Go down

Post  scrubsfans Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:16 am

I just finished reading Twilight and it was very good. I have the second book in the series and am hoping to start it this weekend. I'm holding off on seeing the movie for a bit because it wasn't getting very good reviews.

Susan Wiggs is another author that I like to read. She has a series out called the Lakeshore Chronicles which was very good..four books in all.
scrubsfans
scrubsfans
Pickpocket
Pickpocket

Female
Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2008-11-29

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Dec 05, 2008 1:32 am

scrubsfans wrote:I just finished reading Twilight and it was very good. I have the second book in the series and am hoping to start it this weekend. I'm holding off on seeing the movie for a bit because it wasn't getting very good reviews.

You wouldn't know that from the commercials.
I think people are bitchin about it is because they have no fangs.And that the Cullens are "Vegetarians".And the sparklyness.

Back to top Go down

Post  Erika Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:35 pm

I'm a HUGE Romance fan.. my bookshelf is over flowing! lol i lean more toward the Historicall but i like the vampire ones as weel.. I finished all four twilight books(LOVED THEM) My favorite authors ( who i also highly recomend) are: Lisa Kleypas(have almost all of her books), Julia Quinn, Nicole Jordan, Stephanie Laurens and recently Katie MacAlister. I definately recomend buying some ladies they are very good. drinking wine especially on a cold night with a glass of wine..... Oh yes heaven! lol
Erika
Erika
Pickpocket
Pickpocket

Female
Number of posts : 14
Location : Helping Jason release his aggression... on top of the pool table
Registration date : 2008-12-11

http://z9.invisionfree.com/Red_Glass_Studios/

Back to top Go down

Post  KathyLuvsJason Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:12 pm

I'm blowing thru Julia Quinn right now. I'm working on the Bridgerton series, but have to wait till it's my turn on the Hold list at the library for the next couple. I missed book 1, The Duke & I - I have to wait another month for that to come in, so I read books 2, 3, 4 in the meantime. While I am waiting for book 5, I have read 2 others and am in the middle of Dancing at Midnight.

Her books can be found at: http://www.juliaquinn.com/
KathyLuvsJason
KathyLuvsJason
Bank Robber
Bank Robber

Female
Number of posts : 782
Registration date : 2008-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post  clarityfades Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:16 pm

OMG...Kathy & Erika...I luvs you guys!! Embarassed Embarassed I adore Lisa Kleypas, Julia Quinn, Stephanie Laurens...& I go a little nuts for some Katie MacAlister. I've read almost everything she's written.

But sorry to those who liked Twilight...I thought it was fanfic of the worst kind...Mary-Sue fanfic. Just couldn't get into it. & yes, I don't believe vamps should "sparkle". pirate
clarityfades
clarityfades
Mafioso
Mafioso

Female
Number of posts : 5584
Location : In Ric's bed...with Ian, Lucky, Nik & Sonny...yes, I'm greedy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content