GH-Jokers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Which is worse: Unrealistic/Out of Character writing or being offscreen?

4 posters

Go down

Which is worse: Unrealistic/Out of Character writing or being offscreen? Empty Which is worse: Unrealistic/Out of Character writing or being offscreen?

Post  AlexisDavisFanFirst Sat Jan 10, 2009 3:22 pm

I'm honestly trying to decide what is worse...LOL. Yes, I'm talking about Alexis. I'm just completely torn over whether I'd rather see her onscreen with the crapola she's been given lately or if I'd rather she be offscreen.

Unrealistic example: She's the DA! Why is she taking divorce cases & plow cases? I didn't think that DAs took private cases because they'd be a bit busy, oh I don't know....being the DA? I don't know, I guess I miss Alexis in kickass DA mode.

Out of Character Example: The fact that Alexis would even consider encouraging Jax to stay with Carly when she's been so vocally against it, even speaking up against it at the wedding rehearsal. I know, I know they try to play it off as her putting the happiness of her best friend first but its like she said yesterday, it would be momentarily until Sonny summoned Carly, then she would trample Jax's heart in the rush to get to Sonny. She should have said no & stuck by it no matter what the loud mouth said to her.

Or there's her being non-existant.

I'm honestly not sure which is the worst. I think Alexis/NLG gets the worst writing on the show when she does get it & as I've said so often, she deserves better. That also leaves me torn over whether I want her to leave the show (taking her offscreen more or less permanently unless she gets a new gig) or wanting her to stay (where I can see her every now and then and where she has a job to support her little girl with).

Damn but its hell being an Alexis fan lately (well, really for the last two years, save the all too brief few months of JLex (for me! I know most all of you didn't like them but they were my brief light of the last two years...LOL)). I would really like to have some kind of hope as an AFF but I don't see it coming (I honestly doubt she'll even be onscreen at all for the "big event" starting next week but I'm hoping to be pleasantly surprised....but I digress...LOL).

Ok, I'm done ranting & rambling...just had to get this off my chest. lol!

AlexisDavisFanFirst
Hitman
Hitman

Female
Number of posts : 3131
Registration date : 2008-10-13

Back to top Go down

Which is worse: Unrealistic/Out of Character writing or being offscreen? Empty Re: Which is worse: Unrealistic/Out of Character writing or being offscreen?

Post  LegendaryMcCall Sat Jan 10, 2009 6:06 pm

In answering your own question Tami....it is better to have Alexis on supporting her best friend than not to have her onscreen at all! She doesn't have to either understand Jax's feelings or accept them----that's for him to do and deal with! Actually that goes for any loving or otherwise relationship!!

I am NOT Alexis Fan at all--I only tolerate/appreciate her because she is Sam's mother (even though everyone has their own theories over that relationship)! However, I absolutely cannot fathom why characters like Nadine, Kate, Johnny and Olivia have more screentime than she does....

Alexis Davis is the character that is somehow related (not to mention her DA position) to most key players on the Canvas and yet she hasn't had any significant storyline in about 2 years or more! And even when she does..it is most often out of character! drinking wine
LegendaryMcCall
LegendaryMcCall
Informant
Informant

Female
Number of posts : 234
Registration date : 2008-12-27

Back to top Go down

Which is worse: Unrealistic/Out of Character writing or being offscreen? Empty Re: Which is worse: Unrealistic/Out of Character writing or being offscreen?

Post  KegVaughanacoRocks Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:28 pm

Speaking from having the experience of having my favorite (Sam) who has been written both completely out of character (putting children in danger) and being offscreen for long periods of time, I think that having them offscreen is preferable. Because of the things that she did while they were writing her totally OOC, it has caused problems during many future storylines, and they've been trying to figure out a way to get out of what they did to her. At least while she was offscreen there was no character destruction going on.
KegVaughanacoRocks
KegVaughanacoRocks
Mafioso
Mafioso

Female
Number of posts : 6295
Registration date : 2008-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  clarityfades Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:53 pm

IA w/ KMR. Offscreen is infinitely better than your faves being written so OOC that you can't even recognize them.
clarityfades
clarityfades
Mafioso
Mafioso

Female
Number of posts : 5584
Location : In Ric's bed...with Ian, Lucky, Nik & Sonny...yes, I'm greedy
Registration date : 2008-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down