GH-Jokers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SoapNet or SoapNot?

3 posters

Go down

SoapNet or SoapNot? Empty SoapNet or SoapNot?

Post  KegVaughanacoRocks Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:37 am

I'm sitting here watching yesterday's AMC on Soapnet, and I'm really wondering why they don't just change the name. SoapNet or SoapNot? Icon_scratch What happened to the days when their original programming was actually soap related? SoapNet or SoapNot? 464533 I miss Soapography and 1 Day With...! SoapNet or SoapNot? 194287 I enjoyed the series that they did about a year ago about the relationships in soaps. I can't remember what those were called, but they had one about siblings, one about fathers, one about mothers, and maybe a few more.

Why don't they have classic soap episodes on? What happened to showing a marathon based on one character? Am I the only one who remembers Chasin' Jason? Sonnylicious Weekend? They have celebrated Luke and Laura in the past, reflected upon Kendall, and there are so many other characters that they could do this for! I have always wanted a Crazy about Carly marathon where they could show episodes features each Carly. They also could do some for the other soaps that they show.

The do still show Ryan's Hope, but it's on in the wee hours of the morning! I'm sure it will be gone soon, due to it's lack of ratings. SoapNet or SoapNot? 525418 If they would show it when people are actually awake, maybe people would watch it! If it costs too much to show these, why don't they make some money during those early morning hours by airing infomercials like all the other channels? I would gladly sacrifice that 3:00 am timeslot to some shamwow wannabe, if it meant there was more money coming in that could pay for some new episodes of Soapography!

For all those who complain about airing BH90210, One Tree Hill, Gilmore Girls (they show that, right?) at least those shows are rooted in soaps! These Sunday movies have nothing to do with soaps! Please explain to me why Holidate, Bank of Mom and Dad, and Southern Belles: Louisville are on Soapnet! SoapNet or SoapNot? 231784 I'm not saying they shouldn't be on the air, but I picked the tv package I have primarily because it had Soapnet. SoapNet or SoapNot? 517932 Shouldn't I get to see soap-related programming? SoapNet or SoapNot? 109767

Sorry about the rant! SoapNet or SoapNot? 777447 I feel better now. SoapNet or SoapNot? 295769
KegVaughanacoRocks
KegVaughanacoRocks
Mafioso
Mafioso

Female
Number of posts : 6295
Registration date : 2008-08-25

Back to top Go down

SoapNet or SoapNot? Empty Re: SoapNet or SoapNot?

Post  JohnnyAngel Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:16 pm

You said a mouthful, twin!! I am in total agreement!!

While I love my Saturday morning teen dramathon (look forward to it all week actually) I miss the Another World re-runs, they used to show Port Charles, too. What happened to that?

I never watched Southern Belles, or Holidate (which I actually like in concept, but I resent it being on SoapNet, so I won't watch it.)

I remember the Chasin' Jason minithon, they did one for Brenda too. I loved those because I got to see episodes from a time when I didn't watch GH or any soaps for that matter, except for Days.

I always thought it would be so cool, if they would pick a soap like GH or Days & on Saturday, start it at episode one, so we could go back & see where it all began. They could show four episodes every Saturday at noon, from now until we are current. Wouldn't that be cool?
JohnnyAngel
JohnnyAngel
Bank Robber
Bank Robber

Female
Number of posts : 1088

Back to top Go down

Post  KegVaughanacoRocks Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:24 pm

That would be awesome! They could do that for any soap! Besides, isn't the point of Soapnet to be able to see what you missed? Well, I missed all of GH before the Luis Alcazar murder trial, so show me that! Another World, Ryan's Hope, Passions, Sunset Beach, Edge of the Night, and soon to be Guiding Light, are all soaps that are off the air now. They could use any of those to show instead of this non-soap crap they show now! IMO, they could even show a telanovela! Holidate is not a soap! Put it on Oxygen, WE, Lifetime, the CW, anywhere else!
KegVaughanacoRocks
KegVaughanacoRocks
Mafioso
Mafioso

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Stacy Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:25 pm

I agree completely girls!

I would like to add that Ryan's Hope loses viewers because they get to a certain show & then start over again! I was SO pissed when I found out I wouldn't be able to see when Yasmine Bleeth was on SoapNet or SoapNot? Kopfschuettel but I had read that it has something to do w/ the music & cost SoapNet or SoapNot? Icon_scratch
Stacy
Stacy
Hitman
Hitman

Female
Number of posts : 2831

http://davidaware.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  KegVaughanacoRocks Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:40 pm

I didn't realize they did that! I'm glad I never tried to get into it then, because that would really piss me off!

The carnival storyline has given me a new idea for something that Soapnet could do but won't. They could do marathons of past sweeps events. I know not every soap does actual events for sweeps, but they are usually major stories that are covered mostly in two weeks or so. They could easily do that! I'd love to rewatch the PC Hotel fire, the trainwreck, or the Encephalites (I can never spell that-let's just call it the Monkey Flu) outbreak! All of those stories were awesome and had lots of memorable moments.

Monkey Flu was especially good with Tony's heartbreaking death, GQ's wedding, and the Sam/Alexis feud was at its height with plenty of foreshadowing to the mother/daughter reveal.
KegVaughanacoRocks
KegVaughanacoRocks
Mafioso
Mafioso

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Stacy Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:52 pm

Sweep weekend, that would be good!
Stacy
Stacy
Hitman
Hitman

Female
Number of posts : 2831

http://davidaware.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down