GH-Jokers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Michael Jackson, the 'King of Pop,' dies at age 50

+2
ghsoaps
mackenzie2184
6 posters

Go down

Michael Jackson, the 'King of Pop,' dies at age 50 Empty Michael Jackson, the 'King of Pop,' dies at age 50

Post  mackenzie2184 Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:38 pm

Okay, I know I made a thread about this months ago about him dying and that was a hoax. This time, it's for real. No joke.

The King of Pop, Michael Jackson has passed away due to a cardiac arrest and then slipped into a deep coma at UCLA medical center.

He was 50 yrs. old.

My condolences go out to his family and may he rest in peace.

Michael Jackson, the 'King of Pop,' dies at age 50 Michaelbanner

You can read the article here:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_obit_michael_jackson

Last edited by mackenzie2184 on Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:52 pm; edited 2 times in total
mackenzie2184
mackenzie2184
Mafioso
Mafioso

Female
Number of posts : 6018
Registration date : 2008-10-13

http://artistic-designs.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Michael Jackson, the 'King of Pop,' dies at age 50 Empty Re: Michael Jackson, the 'King of Pop,' dies at age 50

Post  ghsoaps Fri Jun 26, 2009 5:12 am

mackenzie2184 wrote:Okay, I know I made a thread about this months ago about him dying and that was a hoax. This time, it's for real. No joke.

The King of Pop, Michael Jackson has passed away due to a heart attack and then slipped into a deep coma at UCLA medical center.

He was 50 yrs. old.

My condolences go out to his family and may he rest in peace.

You can read the article here:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_obit_michael_jackson

My heart is heavy, I grew up listening to the music of the Jackson 5 and his music when he went out on his own. I am so sad because it was like being told a part of your childhood had died. My thoughts and prayers go out to Michael and his family
ghsoaps
ghsoaps
Mafioso
Mafioso

Female
Number of posts : 5858
Location : On top the pool table with Jason and Sonny, with a side of Nick
Registration date : 2009-01-08

Back to top Go down

Michael Jackson, the 'King of Pop,' dies at age 50 Empty Re: Michael Jackson, the 'King of Pop,' dies at age 50

Post  KathyLuvsJason Sun Jun 28, 2009 10:32 pm

My kids so don't understand the way this if affecting everyone, as it's the first person of his musical fame to die in their little lives. I've heard his death compared to Elvis's death. So sad to go so young...

Course, I have this thoery that he is not really dead, that he decided to go into hiding...all this extra airtime on the radio will cover his debts, and he is living on his private island somewhere. With Elvis.
KathyLuvsJason
KathyLuvsJason
Bank Robber
Bank Robber

Female
Number of posts : 782
Registration date : 2008-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post  mackenzie2184 Mon Jun 29, 2009 2:49 am

This is not a hoax, Michael Jackson is really dead. There wouldn't be articles on his death or articles about custody for his children if he was "in hiding." He wouldn't put his fans through that. There wouldn't have been a BET awards tribute to Michael and Janet wouldn't have spoken and his father Joe wouldn't have been in the audience at the ceremony if Michael was still alive.
mackenzie2184
mackenzie2184
Mafioso
Mafioso

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  JohnnyAngel Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:57 am

KathyLuvsJason wrote:My kids so don't understand the way this if affecting everyone, as it's the first person of his musical fame to die in their little lives. I've heard his death compared to Elvis's death. So sad to go so young...

Course, I have this thoery that he is not really dead, that he decided to go into hiding...all this extra airtime on the radio will cover his debts, and he is living on his private island somewhere. With Elvis.

and Dale Earnhardt.
JohnnyAngel
JohnnyAngel
Bank Robber
Bank Robber

Female
Number of posts : 1088
Registration date : 2008-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  ISIS Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:55 am

Sorry LG...but Earnhart's death is in NO WAY a comparision to Michael..or even Elvis...he was famous...but not like THAT. *and I was an Earnhart fan to the very end mind you*
ISIS
ISIS
Henchman
Henchman

Female
Number of posts : 2075
Registration date : 2008-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post  ghsoaps Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:05 am

KathyLuvsJason wrote:My kids so don't understand the way this if affecting everyone, as it's the first person of his musical fame to die in their little lives. I've heard his death compared to Elvis's death. So sad to go so young...

Yeah, I guess it is hard for someone who didn't grow up listening to Michael to understand why it would effect everyone like it does. I cried off and on all weekend, all the radio stations were doing tributes to him. It got to the point I couldn't listen anymore because it was getting to depressing. Like his song says Gone Too Soon :(
ghsoaps
ghsoaps
Mafioso
Mafioso

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  mackenzie2184 Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:43 pm

ISIS wrote:Sorry LG...but Earnhart's death is in NO WAY a comparision to Michael..or even Elvis...he was famous...but not like THAT. *and I was an Earnhart fan to the very end mind you*

I agree with ISIS on the comparisons of Elvis's death, Earnhardt's and Michael's. I wasn't an Elvis fan nor an Earnhardt fan so comparing those deaths to Michael's...there's no way you can do it.
mackenzie2184
mackenzie2184
Mafioso
Mafioso

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  ISIS Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:13 pm

I am not reall an Elvis fan...however I remember how big he was...I was 4 when he died...and I VIVIDLY remember the images of everybody converged outside of Graceland and images of the funeral and what have you...I remember seeign him on television and the women SCREAMING and crying as he sang...so yes..Micahel's life and Death is very much a comparison to Elvis * in their own ways...highly publicized and full of conflict...with awesome music to last eons.* TRUE icons.
ISIS
ISIS
Henchman
Henchman

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  mackenzie2184 Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:40 pm

I still stand by my opinion that Michael's death can't be compared to Elivis... mainly because I wasn't born yet and because I never grew up listening to him as a child. Michael's music was the music that was being played in my house. True they are larger than life music icons, but their deaths are not compariable in my opinon.
mackenzie2184
mackenzie2184
Mafioso
Mafioso

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Stacy Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:41 pm

IMO as always..

Let me begin by saying do not get upset by my opinion, since we are all entitled to one smile I will try to tread lightly as I understand how upset everyone is.

I think that Elvis & MJ's death can be compared. Just because someone didn't experience something it does not negate what the fans at that time felt. I think Dale's death was a huge loss to nascar but not the same. MJ & Elvis opened doors to new styles, music, etc... They BOTH helped to blur racial lines and help ALL people regardless of race come together w/ a common thread ~ Music!

Dale's death was too soon & it did serve as a huge loss to the sport though so no disrespect meant.

I liked MJ as a child & I did grow up on his music but I personally cannot get past some of the more controversial aspects but that is me & we all are different.
Stacy
Stacy
Hitman
Hitman

Female
Number of posts : 2831

http://davidaware.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  JohnnyAngel Fri Jul 03, 2009 1:39 pm

It really is a matter of opinion... My mother would argue that Michael's death is not even close to Elvis' death. She was a huge fan... I remember the day so well...
I was 5 (or almost) my mother was crying uncontrollably, she had locked herself in the bedroom away from my father, she was completely inconsolable. I crawled thru the closet (it connected our bedrooms) & got in bed with her & stroked her hair as she cried. It is something she has never gotten over.

On Dale Earnhardt, my cousin Tracey comes running down the stairs into the baasement/slash rec room of her home screaming "He's Dead! He's Dead!!" & falls to the floor like a limp rag doll, crying & sobbing...

I on the other hand am the Michael Jackson fan in my household & it has had a huge effect on me.

I think it really does depend on the effect each one had on you personally.
JohnnyAngel
JohnnyAngel
Bank Robber
Bank Robber

Female
Number of posts : 1088

Back to top Go down

Post  ghsoaps Sun Jul 05, 2009 7:28 am

luckygirl wrote:It really is a matter of opinion... My mother would argue that Michael's death is not even close to Elvis' death. She was a huge fan... I remember the day so well...
I was 5 (or almost) my mother was crying uncontrollably, she had locked herself in the bedroom away from my father, she was completely inconsolable. I crawled thru the closet (it connected our bedrooms) & got in bed with her & stroked her hair as she cried. It is something she has never gotten over.

On Dale Earnhardt, my cousin Tracey comes running down the stairs into the baasement/slash rec room of her home screaming "He's Dead! He's Dead!!" & falls to the floor like a limp rag doll, crying & sobbing...

I on the other hand am the Michael Jackson fan in my household & it has had a huge effect on me.

I think it really does depend on the effect each one had on you personally.

ITA, it does depend on the effect each one had on you, for me, I'm not a race care fan so even though I felt bad for his family I wasn't effected like that, same with Elvis, I seen some of his movies but wasn't such a big fan that when he died I was that effected by it, I felt bad for his family but it was a oh that is so sad like thing. Michael, I grew up listening to the music of the J5 and watching their cartoons and comercials for post alphabet cereal, and wanting to meet him one day, well that dream died with him. So I am very hurt and sad about Michaels death, like the song goes Gone Too Soon.
ghsoaps
ghsoaps
Mafioso
Mafioso

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  ISIS Sat Jul 11, 2009 10:18 pm

I guess my point was...that in regards to ICONISMS...and WORLD RENOWN...ElVIS and MJJ are both...in all parts ofthe world...Elvis and MJJ are ICONS...whereas...while NASCar is a sport that is well known...and Earnhart was a HIGHLY popular name in racing *I really enjoyed wathcing him race*...and in NASCar he IS an ICON...that cannot be said about his worldwide popularity...there are STILL many folks around the US let alone the world who just don't know who Earnhart is...so yes I do say that while his death was a tragedy, it does not affect the public as a whole in the manner of those of Elvis and MJJ.

RE: MJJ and controversy...it's not a matter of one's personal beliefs of his trials and tribulations...as like with Elvis...MJJ had many...and on both accounts I didn't agree with every decision and statements about many different things they've made...but as true entertainers in the business...and what they both did for music...I respect them for that...and so I mourned them...although with Elvis it was short-lived *well I WAS only 4 and wasn't big on his music*....as I got older and heard his stuff and his story...well I still felt bad that he died...even though I REALLY didn't like his personal character much...but still the respect of who he was in the Music and Entertainment world is there...and the same goes for Michael *who I was a fan of...in spite of his questionable ways in these later years*.
ISIS
ISIS
Henchman
Henchman

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down