GH-Jokers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I hate when GH isn't on

+3
ISIS
JohnnyAngel
Stacy
7 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

I hate when GH isn't on - Page 3 Empty Re: I hate when GH isn't on

Post  KegVaughanacoRocks Tue Dec 02, 2008 2:15 pm

samizgh wrote:
KMonacoRocks wrote:You do know I'm talking Oklahoma State Cowboys right? There's no way you like them over the Sooners! If so, you really are nuts! duh2

duh2

Oops, I lived in OK for a while and I knew that the Sooners were college. For some reason or another I was talking about the Dallas Cowboys and I thought YOU were nuts for not liking them.

I get it now and I remember when I was in OK, it was all about the Sooners sportsfan

I'm still sipping on a drink over here shock

It's okay, I knew you had lived in Texas, so I figured Cowboys=Dallas. I am not nuts, I like the Dallas Cowboys, but OSU Cowboys is another story! lol! BTW, when you lived in OK did you ever go to the McDonald's in Henryetta? It's the coolest McDonald's ever! It's the Troy Aikman McDonald's. It's his hometown, and there are pictures and memorabilia everywhere. Totally unrelated, but they also have years worth of McD's happy meal toys in a display case around the play area, or at least they used to.
KegVaughanacoRocks
KegVaughanacoRocks
Mafioso
Mafioso

Female
Number of posts : 6295
Registration date : 2008-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  samizgh Tue Dec 02, 2008 2:31 pm

I never went there, sorry but it sounds like fun. I met Troy a few times, the first time was when my baby brother fell off his bike and he had to spend X-mas in the childrens hospital. Troy came in on X-mas day and visited with the kids, he gave my brother a present and I didn't know how to act, this was like 98 or 97. I was like "you're.... uhm.. you're.... " and he looked at me and said "Troy Aikman" and I was like "yeah, that's you".

The 2nd time I met him I did temp work at his car lot. He was so cool and he felt bad that he didn't know me from before. I told him that was ok, cause I was a minor and I didn't expect him to pay attention to a minor. That made him laugh, I was there for a week. It was really fun, he always bought me lunch.
samizgh
samizgh
Hitman
Hitman

Female
Number of posts : 3842

https://gh-jokers.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  KegVaughanacoRocks Tue Dec 02, 2008 2:46 pm

That's really sweet. It seems like I heard they had to take everything down at that McDonald's. I don't know why, but it's a shame. I loved going there. It was almost like a Troy Aikman museum.

I've never met Troy Aikman or any of the Cowboys, but when Mike was a kid he got to meet the Dallas Cowboy cheerleaders as part of the Make A Wish foundation. He loves to tell me that story! :lol:
KegVaughanacoRocks
KegVaughanacoRocks
Mafioso
Mafioso

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  samizgh Tue Dec 02, 2008 2:49 pm

KMonacoRocks wrote:That's really sweet. It seems like I heard they had to take everything down at that McDonald's. I don't know why, but it's a shame. I loved going there. It was almost like a Troy Aikman museum.

I've never met Troy Aikman or any of the Cowboys, but when Mike was a kid he got to meet the Dallas Cowboy cheerleaders as part of the Make A Wish foundation. He loves to tell me that story! :lol:

I'm sure he does. I'll never forget our Glory years. I was 14 in 93 and I ate it all up. We were the shit for all those years.

He's the only Cowboy I've met, but he has a HUGE heart. For him to go see kids on X-mas instead of at home with his family. That day made my wishes come true.
samizgh
samizgh
Hitman
Hitman

Female
Number of posts : 3842

https://gh-jokers.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  KathyLuvsJason Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:21 pm

I remember old Gh episodes too...when Soapnet first started, it wsa only ABC soaps, and filler. Like old episodes. It took awhile before they added other soaps, and old primetime stuff.
I MAY be wrong, but didn't Soapnet share a channel when they first started? Or maybe it was just how my dish carried it. Sigh, my memory is just not what it used to be...
KathyLuvsJason
KathyLuvsJason
Bank Robber
Bank Robber

Female
Number of posts : 782
Registration date : 2008-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post  KegVaughanacoRocks Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:27 am

KathyLuvsJason wrote:I remember old Gh episodes too...when Soapnet first started, it wsa only ABC soaps, and filler. Like old episodes. It took awhile before they added other soaps, and old primetime stuff.
I MAY be wrong, but didn't Soapnet share a channel when they first started? Or maybe it was just how my dish carried it. Sigh, my memory is just not what it used to be...

Ahh, the good old days. Why can't they go back to just ABC soaps? Just keep 90210, everything else (coughY&Rcough) can go away!
KegVaughanacoRocks
KegVaughanacoRocks
Mafioso
Mafioso

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  ISIS Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:48 am

I LURVED when they showed DALLAS and Knot's Landing though...

but then they added Y&R...which my parents and gramdmother liked that idea...I remember them complaining...and me telling them SoapNEt is owned by Disney which owns ABC.

I LURVED when Ryan's Hope came on during the dinner hour and again at 11 because I LIKED watching that OLD show...

and then when they put Dallas on at 6 and KL on at 5 that was great...but when they added 90210 and 1 tree hill and Melrose I was like OH WHY???

that did it for me...I BARELY watch Soapnet now.
ISIS
ISIS
Henchman
Henchman

Female
Number of posts : 2075
Registration date : 2008-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Dec 25, 2008 11:57 pm

Well I made it through two more non GH days lol!

Back to top Go down

Post  KegVaughanacoRocks Fri Dec 26, 2008 12:01 am

I loved it today! So far, I've only watched one of the GH Christmas marathon episodes, but it was awesome! I loved seeing all the vets that they have locked up, and Alan reading the Christmas story was absolutely beautiful. Why can't they have great stuff like that again? I loved our Christmas eppy this year, but I just really loved that one!
KegVaughanacoRocks
KegVaughanacoRocks
Mafioso
Mafioso

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  KathyLuvsJason Sun Dec 28, 2008 11:31 pm

And we get two more this week, sigh...
KathyLuvsJason
KathyLuvsJason
Bank Robber
Bank Robber

Female
Number of posts : 782
Registration date : 2008-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Dec 28, 2008 11:34 pm

KathyLuvsJason wrote:And we get two more this week, sigh...

I know! Gh should be on 5 days a week not matter the Holiday. lol

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3