GH-Jokers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New 90210 starts tomorrow

+4
samizgh
mackenzie2184
clarityfades
Stacy
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

New 90210 starts tomorrow Empty New 90210 starts tomorrow

Post  Stacy Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:06 am

Does anyone plan on catching it this time around?

I'll check it out & then decide.
Stacy
Stacy
Hitman
Hitman

Female
Number of posts : 2831
Registration date : 2008-08-25

http://davidaware.com/

Back to top Go down

New 90210 starts tomorrow Empty Re: New 90210 starts tomorrow

Post  Guest Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:13 am

It's gonna be something if this show flops after all the hype.

Back to top Go down

Post  clarityfades Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:40 am

I can't bring myself to watch. I'm sorry, but not even for Brenda. I just can't do it. For once, I won't watch the flaming trainwreck as I pass by, instead focusing my attention on the road. I love Brenda...LOVE HER...but I won't watch the new show. The fact that it exists, hurts my heart.
clarityfades
clarityfades
Mafioso
Mafioso

Female
Number of posts : 5584
Location : In Ric's bed...with Ian, Lucky, Nik & Sonny...yes, I'm greedy

Back to top Go down

Post  mackenzie2184 Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:08 pm

At first I was against watching the show, but now I'm totally hooked on it. I pass over GH: Night Shift and Dancing With The Stars to watch it! grin
mackenzie2184
mackenzie2184
Mafioso
Mafioso

Female
Number of posts : 6018
Registration date : 2008-10-13

http://artistic-designs.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Post  samizgh Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:29 pm

What network is it on?

I can't say I will not watch it, until I watch it lol!
samizgh
samizgh
Hitman
Hitman

Female
Number of posts : 3842

https://gh-jokers.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Stacy Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:50 pm

LOL It's on the WB but it is off until Jan 09, if you do watch it let me know what ya think wink
Stacy
Stacy
Hitman
Hitman

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  mackenzie2184 Mon Dec 01, 2008 3:46 pm

It's on The CW .. the WB doesn't exist anymore.
mackenzie2184
mackenzie2184
Mafioso
Mafioso

Female
Number of posts : 6018
Registration date : 2008-10-13

http://artistic-designs.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Stacy Mon Dec 01, 2008 3:58 pm

LOL i knew that! JK thanks Mac
Stacy
Stacy
Hitman
Hitman

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  jasefan Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:22 pm

I've not watched it yet!
jasefan
jasefan
Mafioso
Mafioso

Female
Number of posts : 11379
Registration date : 2008-11-17

Back to top Go down

Post  KegVaughanacoRocks Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:43 pm

I finally watched it last week, but I wasn't necessarily that impressed. Maybe it's because I'm such a diehard fan of the original, but I think it totally pales in comparison. I was pretty bored the whole time it was on, and it even featured Kelly and Brenda pretty prominently.
KegVaughanacoRocks
KegVaughanacoRocks
Mafioso
Mafioso

Female
Number of posts : 6295

Back to top Go down

Post  KegVaughanacoRocks Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:04 pm

Okay, I get that Silver is manic depressive. However, so was David-on his mother's side. Are they going to say that this was hereditary? I hope not, because if they do, that will be proof that they didn't really watch the original!

Another thing that seems unlikely is Jackie Taylor going back to drinking and being a bad mother. That was something that was a very big deal to her. She worked very hard to get sober and stay sober, and she also worked very hard to be a good mother to Erin. She saw it as a second chance to fix the mistakes that she made with Kelly's childhood. I know that an alcoholic can always slip up; that those tendencies never completely go away, but they are painting her as someone who doesn't care at all. That was not the Jackie Taylor I saw.
KegVaughanacoRocks
KegVaughanacoRocks
Mafioso
Mafioso

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  JohnnyAngel Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:24 pm

These are the reasons I haven't watched this show since November. I'll stick with my Saturday morning re-runs of the greatest show of all time ever. Thank you.
JohnnyAngel
JohnnyAngel
Bank Robber
Bank Robber

Female
Number of posts : 1088

Back to top Go down

Post  JohnnyAngel Wed Apr 08, 2009 2:55 pm

Kmon, you are a die-hard fan of the original, like myself. They made a huge deal out of the fact that Kelly couldn't have kids
JohnnyAngel
JohnnyAngel
Bank Robber
Bank Robber

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Stacy Sat Apr 11, 2009 2:35 am

I was a die hard fan of the original and still watch it on soapnet all the time. I am still liking the new version though. Nothing will ever top the original so I don't try to compare it.

A few things bother me but I am wating for an explanation. Like how did Kelly get pregos??? Yes, David's mom was bipolar but David wasn't Bipolar, I vaguely remember those eppys & if they claimed bipolar back then where was his meds (consistency)! I think he was just suffering from depression so Silver having Bipolar would probally not be herieditary. IA completely about Jackie Taylor and going back to drinking. She is a mean bitch this time around.

Who did brandon marry?

Donna & David, which will be explained soon!
Stacy
Stacy
Hitman
Hitman

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  KegVaughanacoRocks Sat Apr 11, 2009 10:36 am

The thing about Kelly having a son doesn't bother me too much, because it's basically a soap. We all know that on a soap, a woman who can't get pregnant eventually will have a 'miracle child', example Skye and Courtney. Granted, they need to give some explanation though. Were there advances in medicine that made it possible? I'm assuming that he was an oops! baby, so I doubt that fertility treatments were used. (I haven't seen the beginning of the series)

With David on the original, he was diagnosed with a mild case of manic depression; I don't think he was bipolar. I know he went through some treatment, but I can't remember what exactly. I don't know that they will say that Silver's manic tendencies/bipolar disorder is hereditery, I just kind of see that coming. If they do, I will probably be screaming at the tv, because that's really stupid.

I'm worried about Donna showing up, since David isn't coming with her. I think they will have them divorced, which I don't think would have happened, at least not for long. They have been together and through so much, that I saw them as being together forever. As many times as they screwed up, you always knew that they loved each other. Also, the preview shows Donna on Kelly's doorstep with a stroller behind her. What's up with that? I just want to know how they plan to explain Donna visiting without David, especially while Silver is having so much trouble.

Another thing, have any of the guys been on? I'm pretty sure my fave, Brandon, won't come back, but David seems to be obvious since Silver is on. Also, shouldn't Dylan be around at least for an episode or two? I'd also love to see Steve, although I'm not sure what reason they would have for him to come around. They could think of something!

I plan to watch Donna's return for sure, to see what has happened. I'm still undecided about whether I will continue. I guess it depends on how they interpret her current life, and Silver's diagnosis!
KegVaughanacoRocks
KegVaughanacoRocks
Mafioso
Mafioso

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  JohnnyAngel Sat Apr 11, 2009 8:50 pm

I'd also love to see Steve, although I'm not sure what reason they would have for him to come around. They could think of something!

West Beverly's new & totally awesome basketball coach. Maddie must be sooo big now.
JohnnyAngel
JohnnyAngel
Bank Robber
Bank Robber

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  KegVaughanacoRocks Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:47 am

That would work! Or maybe the magazine that he and Janet are running will do a story about the historic Peach Pit or something.
KegVaughanacoRocks
KegVaughanacoRocks
Mafioso
Mafioso

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Stacy Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:39 am

KMR,

I read an article w/ Tori talking about her return.

Just in case no one wants to know yet. It was just an article so it didn't say too much...
Spoiler:

The other characters mentioned have been Brandon, Brenda said him & wife lived in Cali pretty sure she said they had kids.

Dylan has been mentioned & both girls were shown talking to him & then kelly went to visit him for awhile & came back.

When the show 1st started it never mentioned who the daddy was or how Kelly got pregnant, if it did (mention how she go pregnant) I missed it lol! though they did mention it when Brenda found out she coukldn't have kids. As far as who the daddy was they kept making it seem like it could be either before they revealed Dylan.

No one has mentioned Steve, or Andrea. Steve would be easy to write in since kelly is his daughters Godmother wink
Stacy
Stacy
Hitman
Hitman

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  KegVaughanacoRocks Mon Apr 13, 2009 5:59 pm

Thank you Stacy! I hadn't read that article, but that puts one of my fears at ease at least!
KegVaughanacoRocks
KegVaughanacoRocks
Mafioso
Mafioso

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  KathyLuvsJason Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:49 pm

I completely forgot about this show. There must be something else on at the same time so I stopped watching. When is it on again?
KathyLuvsJason
KathyLuvsJason
Bank Robber
Bank Robber

Female
Number of posts : 782
Registration date : 2008-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Stacy Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:20 pm

KMonacoRocks wrote:Thank you Stacy! I hadn't read that article, but that puts one of my fears at ease at least!

What did ya think of the show?

Kathy, it's on Tues. nights (9pm here)
Stacy
Stacy
Hitman
Hitman

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  KegVaughanacoRocks Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:10 pm

I just finished watching it. I loved having Donna around, because she is one of my favorite characters and I love her friendship with Kelly! However, why did they have to have them separated? It's not like Donna is planning on sticking around (I don't think) so they don't have to explain David's absence. I love them, can't they have let one couple stay happy? Well, Lindsay Price isn't doing Lipstick Jungle anymore, right? Steve and Janet can come back and be happy. I know that Janet wasn't part of the original gang, but I loved her so much! Bring them back!
KegVaughanacoRocks
KegVaughanacoRocks
Mafioso
Mafioso

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Stacy Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:21 am

I absolutely adored Lindsay Price in AMC, 90210 & LJ. (She went to my HS when she was on AMC, but she was rarely there & I didn't have any classes w/ her.)

Anywho, IA it sucks about Donna & David but I think they might be paving the way for her to come back.
Stacy
Stacy
Hitman
Hitman

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  KegVaughanacoRocks Sat Apr 18, 2009 10:10 am

That's really cool about Lindsay. I tried to watch Lipstick Jungle because she was in it, but I couldn't get into it. Janet was my favorite of all the people who weren't part of the original gang, and definitely my favorite of all of Steve's love interests. She was intelligent, witty, beautiful, and logical! She also helped balance Steve out.

I really hope that them giving David and Donna problems is their way of soldifying the relationship. This happened with Jim and Cindy Walsh in the original. Remember Cindy was feeling disconnected from Hong Kong and left behind by Jim who was loving their new homeland? She came back to BH for a visit, and revealed that she was thinking of moving back and leaving Jim. In the end, he sent her a letter about how much he missed her and loved her, and she went back to him!
KegVaughanacoRocks
KegVaughanacoRocks
Mafioso
Mafioso

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  KathyLuvsJason Sun Apr 19, 2009 11:15 pm

I actually got to see it - I was flipping thru the channel guide and there it was! It was great seeing Donna and Kelly back together. It was funny how she was trying to speak in Japanese...sounded so fake.
KathyLuvsJason
KathyLuvsJason
Bank Robber
Bank Robber

Female
Number of posts : 782
Registration date : 2008-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down