GH-Jokers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

If You Were Monica...Could You Do This?

+2
samizgh
ISIS
6 posters

Go down

If You Were Monica...Could You Do This? Empty If You Were Monica...Could You Do This?

Post  ISIS Sat Jan 03, 2009 8:42 pm

OK, This is not to judge Alan or Monica for any transgressions they had at this time...

I'm wathcing old scenes on the Tube and I got to the whole ordeal surrounding Susan, Jason, Alan, and Monica...this takes place after Susan has taken Alan to court for money for Jason and for herself...Not only did Monica stand by her man...she saved him from forserious financial loss by testifying in court on his behalf...and it was HER testimony that gets a lesser settlement *cuz up till then Alan's goose was cooked*...THEN Monica helps him not only take care of a sick JJ...but also a drunk Susan...

Considering it all, Could You Do That?

I look forward to discussing this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDmsccvFScE

Last edited by ISIS on Tue Jan 06, 2009 8:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
ISIS
ISIS
Henchman
Henchman

Female
Number of posts : 2075
Registration date : 2008-10-16

Back to top Go down

If You Were Monica...Could You Do This? Empty Re: If You Were Monica...Could You Do This?

Post  samizgh Sun Jan 04, 2009 2:00 am

I don't think I would stay with him if he cheated on me, but I would still be friends. As far as taking care of the baby and drunk Susan, yes I would do it. I'm too kind of a person to not help someone when needed.

Last edited by samizgh on Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
samizgh
samizgh
Hitman
Hitman

Female
Number of posts : 3842
Registration date : 2008-08-25

https://gh-jokers.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

If You Were Monica...Could You Do This? Empty Re: If You Were Monica...Could You Do This?

Post  ISIS Sun Jan 04, 2009 2:08 pm

I'll comment when after I get a few more responses...

but A, just curious...why would you remain Alan's friend after leaving?
ISIS
ISIS
Henchman
Henchman

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  JohnnyAngel Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:26 am

Well, Isis... I believe if you love someone enough you can forgive them just about anything. Monica is strong & giving person. The kind I want to be when I grow up.
JohnnyAngel
JohnnyAngel
Bank Robber
Bank Robber

Female
Number of posts : 1088

Back to top Go down

Post  samizgh Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:33 pm

ISIS wrote:I'll comment when after I get a few more responses...

but A, just curious...why would you remain Alan's friend after leaving?

Yes, I would be his friend after leaving.

The only way I'd be ok with him having an affair is if we had an open marriage.
samizgh
samizgh
Hitman
Hitman

Female
Number of posts : 3842

https://gh-jokers.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  clarityfades Tue Jan 06, 2009 5:56 pm

I don't know if I could stand up for him the way that Monica did...I'd definitely help w/ the baby, b/c it isn't the baby's fault...but Susan could take care of her own drunk ass...stick her in a bathroom & leave her to puke her guts out, if that's what it takes. But the baby would be fine...& though I wouldn't be able to stay w/ Alan like Monica did...I'd hope I'm a big enough person to testify on his behalf (even if we'd split).
clarityfades
clarityfades
Mafioso
Mafioso

Female
Number of posts : 5584
Location : In Ric's bed...with Ian, Lucky, Nik & Sonny...yes, I'm greedy

Back to top Go down

If You Were Monica...Could You Do This? Empty OK...so here's my buck and a quarter...

Post  ISIS Tue Jan 06, 2009 8:03 pm

So like I know the backstory...and I don't know if most of you do...but Alan's adultery is in part Monica's own fault...*mostly Alan's though*

We all know the whole Rick Webber situation...*and I'm sure LG now sees Moni's past before she was a Q as quite colorful*...but after the whole quad s/l with Rick and Lesley...and once Alan found out that AJ was really his son...Monica moved back home...BUT she wouldn't give him no nookie...she refused him the nookie to the point that one time he TOOK it...and that was Alan at his darkest...months go by...and eventually Alan meets goldigger Susan...and they hook up on the sly...

ANYWHO...once Monica finds out about Susan and the baby...she's livid of course...and even during the whole divorce *that never happened* s/l...you knew Monica still loved her some Alan...and Alan still loved him some Monica.

With all this being said...

I will say this...if I were in Monica's shoes...I would still help care for Jason too. I might even forgive Alan his transgression...because let's face it...Alan was "IT"...he had MANY faults but underneath it all...Alan was a good man....with a good heart...sometimes a snob...often a little naive...*which I thought was cute*...he was the perfect compliment to the street smart, often too serious Monica...he brought out a lighter side to her...

Now, as badly as Monica hurt Alan with her affair with Rick, I still think Alan was WRONG to have the affair with Susan...BUT...also...if they were really supposed to be back together...then Monica should have REALLY made an effort to be his WIFE *and this is before he raped her mind you*...which at that time she wasn't...and THAT is how a man can and will stray.

I think, in spite of all their faults...Monica wasn't about to let the likes of Susan and Scotty take her man to the cleaners...she knew what Suan was about form the jump...she even knew why baby Jason came to be *she pretty much knew Susan had trapped Alan*...so she couldn't and wouldn't let the bitch win like that. Because she COULD have kept her mouth shut about it and let Alan drown...but then if Alan drowned...then down went AJ's inheritance....yeah...Moni's smart enough to know better than to let the hand that helps feed her get bitten....in this aspect she proved herself a real Q yet again.

Now as for staying with him...I think she was justified in staying with him because she loved him and was willing to forgive him...esp considering her own affair with Rick happened so shortly *it was only the year before* before it.

As for Jason...what I liked about this s/l is that you didn't just see Monica being a coldhearted bitch...she was giving mixed signals...on the one hand she wanted NOTHING to do with Jason...didn't want him in her house...didn't want AJ aorund him...but then on the other hand...she was proud of Alan for manning up to his responsibility as a father...and she felt bad for the situation that they'd found themselves in...and she felt bad that she had those feelings about Jason because he didn't ask to be born.

And although we were actually cheated out of the moment when she OFFICIALLY accepts Jason as her own...we see PLENTY of forshadowing during the whole year before it "allegedly" happens.

Dayum I've digressed again...

To answer the question...although the outcome is slightly different...I've been where Monica is...my daughter...is actually her daddy's child by my rival at the time...*daughter looks like my clone doesn't she?...imagine the looks on the faces of ppl when I tell them she ain't mine biologically*...Believe me...I went through A LOT of shit at the time...to the point I had to start braiding up my hair to keep it form falling out... at first I wanted NOTHING to do with her but she won me over EASILY...after a few months...and the memory of the first time I held her is forever imprinted in my mind and she's been my ace ever since. I love her to pieces...Her mother and I made amends YEARS ago...and she has since passed on...her father and I split about a year after she was born...we just couldn't make it work...and overtime the heart heals...we are for the most part...friends even...with not much contact...but friends just the same...and when we do connect it's usually about the child.

So...I can't blame Monica for keeping Alan...and helping to raise Jason...she was clearly hurt...but she was the bigger woman about it....and at that time in the story...that was MAJOR character growth for Monica....cuz knowing what I know about Monica Pre-Alan...I don't know if she would have gone that route when she was Monica Webber *that is IF she loved Jeff as much as she loved Alan...which she didn't*
ISIS
ISIS
Henchman
Henchman

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  ISIS Tue Jan 06, 2009 8:27 pm

Hey Clare...LURVED your comment about Susan... lol!

I liked when Monica told her sh'ed run her bathwater for her if she'd promise to keep her head under water till she tells her to come up. lol! lol! lol!

Here's the scene that ...to me...says SOOO much about Alam and Monica's relationship at this point in their marriage...another example of Monica already "somewhat" warming to JJ.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fpw3KGAY8CQ
ISIS
ISIS
Henchman
Henchman

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  KathyLuvsJason Wed Jan 07, 2009 12:04 am

I'd love to get in on this but I can't watch the clips right now. Hopefully tomorrow night when I get home from work. I gotta get to bed!
KathyLuvsJason
KathyLuvsJason
Bank Robber
Bank Robber

Female
Number of posts : 782
Registration date : 2008-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post  ISIS Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:11 pm

Can't wait to read your PoV on this Kathy.
ISIS
ISIS
Henchman
Henchman

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Stacy Thu Jan 08, 2009 4:26 pm

I would LOVE to say that I would never forgive a transgression like that but since I have not been in that situation I can only assume what I would do!. Before I met my husband I was a cheater and I was cheated on however i was also a "party girl" and had lil self respect NOW I'd like to say that I would not stay with a man who cheated on me but I also could never imagine my life w/o my husband either. So.... I would GIVE him hell of course wink , I would never blame a child for anything (EVER) so I would help withthe baby but as far as staying friends or forgiving I am not sure smile It takes ALOT to make me angry but when I am done, I AM DONE! I also know though that once I was done with the hurt and anger my husband & I would be friends! lol! I know it doesn't really answer it Sorry!
Stacy
Stacy
Hitman
Hitman

Female
Number of posts : 2831

http://davidaware.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  ISIS Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:45 am

I understood you perfectly.

Thanks for responding.

I am still anticipating Kathy's repsonse.
ISIS
ISIS
Henchman
Henchman

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down