GH-Jokers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

House tonight (SPOILER)

2 posters

Go down

House tonight (SPOILER) Empty House tonight (SPOILER)

Post  AlexisDavisFanFirst Mon Apr 06, 2009 11:24 pm

OMG!!! I couldn't believe what they did on House tonight. I had heard rumors that a "major character" would be leaving the show and the rumors included notice that it could be a suicide....but I never expected that the character going would be Kutner! I'm so sad about this. He was my favorite of House's new team. I'm REALLY going to miss Kutner and Kal Penn. And it was interesting to see House show some emotion over losing Kutner. You could tell he was upset over it. I told my husband I had to wonder if he was the one who left the show because Kal Penn was getting too much work. I know he does a lot of movies, so that's my best guess. I am going to miss him a lot (though I think the online "memorial" at the House site is a bit much...LOL) and damn it, I wish they would let us know why he killed himself (and I'm still holding out hope that its going to be revealed in an upcoming episode).

AlexisDavisFanFirst
Hitman
Hitman

Female
Number of posts : 3131
Registration date : 2008-10-13

Back to top Go down

House tonight (SPOILER) Empty Re: House tonight (SPOILER)

Post  ghsoaps Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:26 pm

AlexisDavisFanFirst wrote:OMG!!! I couldn't believe what they did on House tonight. I had heard rumors that a "major character" would be leaving the show and the rumors included notice that it could be a suicide....but I never expected that the character going would be Kutner! I'm so sad about this. He was my favorite of House's new team. I'm REALLY going to miss Kutner and Kal Penn. And it was interesting to see House show some emotion over losing Kutner. You could tell he was upset over it. I told my husband I had to wonder if he was the one who left the show because Kal Penn was getting too much work. I know he does a lot of movies, so that's my best guess. I am going to miss him a lot (though I think the online "memorial" at the House site is a bit much...LOL) and damn it, I wish they would let us know why he killed himself (and I'm still holding out hope that its going to be revealed in an upcoming episode).

I was reading on the washington post entertainment section online that Kal Penn left the show to become the Associate Director in the White House Office of Public Liason

This TV star is moving on to a different kind of "House." Kal Penn's character was killed off on FOX's medical hit "House" Monday so that he could leave his post at the doctor drama to work for President Barack Obama's administration, Entertainment Weekly revealed Tuesday.
Penn's character, Dr. Lawrence Kutner, shot himself to death on Monday's episode of the show. Kutner was one of the three medical interns working under Dr. Gregory House, played by the Emmy-winning Hugh Laurie.
Penn, who campaigned heavily for Obama during his presidential run last year, will work as the Associate Director in the White House Office of Public Liaison -- and take a serious pay cut along the way, the magazine reported.
"There's not a lot of financial reward in these jobs. But, obviously, the opportunity to serve in a capacity like this is an incredible honor," said Penn, who's also starred in comedy hits like "Harold and Kumar Go to White Castle" and "National Lampoon's Van Wilder."
Penn's duties will be to remove the "red tape" between the general public and the Obama administration, doing outreach with American citizens to spread information about presidential policies.
"I love what I do as an actor. I couldn't love it more," said Penn, who took political science classes through his time in high school and studied international relations at Stanford University.
"I thought this might be the right time to go off and do something else," he said.
Penn approached "House" producers about the move, and they OK'd the actor's early exit from the show. Producers were mum on how Dr. Kutner's departure would specifically affect the remaining characters on "House," but they did say it would cause serious waves among hospital staff.
"There's fallout in every part of the hospital because of this," producer Katie Jacobs said. "This will affect everybody."
ghsoaps
ghsoaps
Mafioso
Mafioso

Female
Number of posts : 5858
Location : On top the pool table with Jason and Sonny, with a side of Nick
Registration date : 2009-01-08

Back to top Go down

Post  AlexisDavisFanFirst Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:56 pm

I think it is so cool that he's doing this. I wish Kal all the best of luck & I know he's going to do an amazing job for President Obama.

AlexisDavisFanFirst
Hitman
Hitman

Female
Number of posts : 3131
Registration date : 2008-10-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down