GH-Jokers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone watch/watching the Emmys and/or Red Carpet?

3 posters

Go down

Anyone watch/watching the Emmys and/or Red Carpet? Empty Anyone watch/watching the Emmys and/or Red Carpet?

Post  KegVaughanacoRocks Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:09 pm

I'm watching the red carpet right now (a little behind thanks to the wonderful invention of the DVR-I hate commercials), and I'm not impressed. The stars looks fabulous, but it seems like they are showing every single talk show host alive, and far less soap stars. I understand that this is the Daytime Emmys and not the Soap Emmys, but it should be obvious that that is the focal point. Also, the soap actors and actresses far out number the talk show hosts. Give them some credit! Also, I'm not sure why, but they said this is the first red carpet coverage ever which is totally incorrect. I miss the red carpet coverage on SoapNet with soap stars hosting. It was much more fun having hosts who actually knew the storylines that the actors/actresses/shows are nominated for. These hosts seem like they studied for this five minutes before the show. Hopefully the awards show will be better.
KegVaughanacoRocks
KegVaughanacoRocks
Mafioso
Mafioso

Female
Number of posts : 6295
Registration date : 2008-08-25

Back to top Go down

Anyone watch/watching the Emmys and/or Red Carpet? Empty Re: Anyone watch/watching the Emmys and/or Red Carpet?

Post  KegVaughanacoRocks Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:46 pm

I'm glad Vincent Irrizzary won, but I was really pulling for Jacob Young. He was amazing during Babe's death. I also obviously would have liked for Bradford to have won, but he didn't have much drama, and comedy usually doesn't win emmys. I'm happy for Julie, but I still think that Kirsten deserved it! Her little two second clip brought tears to my eyes! crying Still, Julie's speech was sweet, and she was very gracious.

The mock fashion show is cute. Becky and Tyler look really great together, and Crishell Stause and Ricky Paull Goldin look hot! However, (please don't throw stones at me) I am so over Susan Lucci. She seems to be their main soap focal point, and she's never been my fave. I don't dislike her, I just don't LOVE her.

Last edited by KMonacoRocks on Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
KegVaughanacoRocks
KegVaughanacoRocks
Mafioso
Mafioso

Female

Back to top Go down

Anyone watch/watching the Emmys and/or Red Carpet? Empty Re: Anyone watch/watching the Emmys and/or Red Carpet?

Post  KegVaughanacoRocks Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:53 pm

Kelly looks beautiful as always. Seeing the footage from her trip with Tony Geary, Susan Lucci, and Montel Williams is so touching. It's amazing that they were able to take time out of their lives to help with Feed the Children.
KegVaughanacoRocks
KegVaughanacoRocks
Mafioso
Mafioso

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  KegVaughanacoRocks Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:55 pm

I'm so happy for Tams! I love her! It would be nice if the announcer pronounced her name right though! lol! I actually don't watch Days, but I loved her on GH and AMC.
KegVaughanacoRocks
KegVaughanacoRocks
Mafioso
Mafioso

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  KegVaughanacoRocks Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:01 pm

Why is Buzz Aldrin at the Daytime Emmys?

Tyra shut up

Where is everyone? I know ya'll love me sitting here talking to myself! you're nuts!
KegVaughanacoRocks
KegVaughanacoRocks
Mafioso
Mafioso

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  KegVaughanacoRocks Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:37 pm

GH wins for Outstanding Writing! I know Guza sucks, but I still can't help being a little happy for our show. I just hate that it gives TPTB a reason not to change. that stinks 2 I love that they keep showing Kelly when they show the GH cast in the audience! She really looks wonderful. I saw Becky behind her in a cute purple dress!
KegVaughanacoRocks
KegVaughanacoRocks
Mafioso
Mafioso

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  KegVaughanacoRocks Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:48 pm

Betty White is amazing! She's been a fan of Guiding Light since it started in 1776, but didn't really get into it until 1789! falling off chair la

The Guiding Light tribute was really nice, but very short. I never watched it, but IMO the longest running scripted drama deserves more than two minutes. suspicious duh2 Maybe if Vanessa Williams would not have sang so much, GL could have had more time.
KegVaughanacoRocks
KegVaughanacoRocks
Mafioso
Mafioso

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  KegVaughanacoRocks Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:55 pm

I really wanted Debbi Morgan to win, but Susan Haskell looked beautiful. Her speech was very nice also.

Tony didn't win; the critics will be so happy. Evil or Very Mad Is it so wrong that I actually enjoy him and want him to win? I'm sure Christian LeBlanc is wonderful, but honestly Tony Geary didn't win seven emmys based on his looks! Believe me, that man is no soap hunk, he has some real talent though. Please don't take that to mean that any of the others aren't deserving; I'm just sick of hearing all of the critics saying how Tony Geary isn't deserving. Yes, he is on vacation for about half of the year, but when he is around, he is ON. He doesn't phone in his performances; he does his best to turn in an awesome performance, even when his stories are shit!
KegVaughanacoRocks
KegVaughanacoRocks
Mafioso
Mafioso

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  KegVaughanacoRocks Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:04 pm

The Bold and the Beautiful wins for Best Drama. They didn't even show them accept the award! I know the show always runs long, but come on! Give them a chance to speak! Once again, they would have had time if Vanessa Williams hadn't sang!

At least we didn't have the usual fight between Y&R and GH of who is better. I have always hated how someone from Y&R will say something about being number one, and then GH wins best drama or best writing or something, and JFP starts in about it being expected! Please! Be gracious about winning, because you won't always win! You will lose sometime!

Well chickies, I'm done! I wish someone would have watched with me, but hopefully I've recapped it well enough for those who couldn't watch! Gotta go watch Big Brother now!
KegVaughanacoRocks
KegVaughanacoRocks
Mafioso
Mafioso

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  ISIS Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:08 pm

ISIS
ISIS
Henchman
Henchman

Female
Number of posts : 2075
Registration date : 2008-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post  mackenzie2184 Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:02 pm

I watched some of the Emmys. They weren't that great, but I'm glad that Rachel Ray, Julie, and GH won. I also liked that Sesame Street won an award and they received a lifetime achievement award. I didn't watch the red carpet. If I were to rate the Emmy's I'd give it a 6 out of 10.
mackenzie2184
mackenzie2184
Mafioso
Mafioso

Female
Number of posts : 6018
Registration date : 2008-10-13

http://artistic-designs.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down