GH-Jokers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Days of Our Lives

3 posters

Go down

Days of Our Lives Empty Days of Our Lives

Post  clarityfades Sun Aug 31, 2008 4:41 pm

Talk about Days of Our Lives in here.
clarityfades
clarityfades
Mafioso
Mafioso

Female
Number of posts : 5584
Location : In Ric's bed...with Ian, Lucky, Nik & Sonny...yes, I'm greedy
Registration date : 2008-08-25

Back to top Go down

Days of Our Lives Empty Re: Days of Our Lives

Post  clarityfades Sat Sep 20, 2008 5:35 pm

I refuse to seriously watch DOOL until they quit with this EJ/Nicole shit. I'm so tired of Sami having to fight for her men, when they barely have to fight for her. Don't get me wrong, EJ's fought for her--but that was back before she knew she had feelings for him. I'd like to see EJ & Lucas fighting over Sami (with or w/o oil grin ), & Sami choosing EJ. The fucking writers do the same shit all the time, let Sami start falling in love, then immediately do a lameass triangle, usually with Nicole involved in some way. roll eyes Un-fucking-believable!! Just give me my Ejami & no one gets hurt.
clarityfades
clarityfades
Mafioso
Mafioso

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  samismyhero Sat Nov 01, 2008 12:19 am

I never liked Lucas so I hated seeing Sami choose him over EJ even though EJ was being crazy and stalking her! I stopped watching for awhile because I got bored with it and I just recently started watching again. I was so happy when I heard Sami was pregnant with EJ's baby but then they had to go and knock Nicole up too!

I am super super excited about Galen Gering coming on the show! I loved Passions at the beginning and actually for awhile then the last couple of years it really went down hill. I loved Gering and a bunch of the other actors so to get to see him again is awesome!
samismyhero
samismyhero
Bank Robber
Bank Robber

Female
Number of posts : 835
Registration date : 2008-09-02

Back to top Go down

Post  JohnnyAngel Tue Nov 25, 2008 3:23 pm

Gwen Morett, About.com Guide to Days of Our Lives Fans

Two Beloved DAYS Stars Let Go

Monday November 17, 2008
Days of Our Lives DeidreandDrake20083Soap Opera Digest has reported that two of DAYS most beloved stars, Drake Hogestyn (John) AND Deidre Hall (Marlena) have both been let go as a result of the massive budget cuts going on at the show. As shocking as it sounds, it has been sadly confirmed as true.
Over the weekend, Drake's fan club president had sent an email to his fan club members announcing that Executive Producer Ken Corday called Drake at home and told him that his character was being taken off of the canvas because they had other stories they wanted to tell. That was the only explanation given to Drake.
I cannot express enough how saddened I am about this news, as I know many of you are too. I have no explanation or no answers as to why in the world the show would do this to two fan favorites such as Drake and Deidre. I had the pleasure of meeing Drake earlier this year and I cannot say enough nice things about this wonderful man. He is someone who truly adores and appreciates his fans and it shows. He is not one of those actors who sits behind a table and shakes hands with his fans. Rather, he embraces them as though they are his friends. I found this out firsthand.
If it's any consolation, Drake's character of John will not be killed off this time. Ken Corday quotes to Soap Opera Digest: "The couple will be happily reunited after a long period of angst and separation and will be off-screen after January for an unknown period of time." So it looks as though John and Marlena fans will get a happy ending, although under unfortunate circumstances.
JohnnyAngel
JohnnyAngel
Bank Robber
Bank Robber

Female
Number of posts : 1088

Back to top Go down

Post  samismyhero Tue Nov 25, 2008 9:59 pm

WHAT??? I have to admit that they aren't my favorite people to watch but still that is ridiculous get rid of Nicole or something... that stinks 2
samismyhero
samismyhero
Bank Robber
Bank Robber

Female
Number of posts : 835
Registration date : 2008-09-02

Back to top Go down

Post  JohnnyAngel Wed Nov 26, 2008 12:30 pm

I'm not a huge John & Marlena fan either, but I am still upset. Although, it does read as if they will be brought back at some point so who knows. It's got me wondering tho. Is Guza working at Days now?
JohnnyAngel
JohnnyAngel
Bank Robber
Bank Robber

Female
Number of posts : 1088

Back to top Go down

Post  clarityfades Sun Nov 30, 2008 11:11 pm

From what I understand of the DH/DH situation is this:

Both actors are notorious for not accepting pay cuts...meanwhile, Days has to cut 40% from their budget as part of their agreement to stay on the air until September 2010. Thus, Days didn't even ask Deirdre or Drake if they'd be willing to take a pay cut & just fired them. The only silver lining is that they will exit the canvas together & in love. Now, if only they'd fire Nicole--pretty sure it wasn't cheap getting her to come back. Cool
clarityfades
clarityfades
Mafioso
Mafioso

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content