GH-Jokers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Good News on a Bad Day

3 posters

Go down

Good News on a Bad Day Empty Good News on a Bad Day

Post  clarityfades Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:02 am

I posted this at my old SIN (Sam/Ian) forum back in April. & it's the only fanfic I've ever completed. It started out SIN-implied & well, see where it leads, but yes, it's still about SIN. Good News on a Bad Day Biggrin It's all here, no waiting...enjoy!

Good News on a Bad Day

Disclaimer: All characters & settings are the property of ABC,etc. Just the plot is mine.

A/N: I wrote this fic using some of those crazy rumors that were swirling before we knew Ian would be killed.

Chapter 1

Sam walked out of the hospital gift shop, purchase in hand. She wasn't looking where she was going and she bumped into someone.

"Watch out!" The person exclaimed angrily. Sam looked up.

"Oh, sorry, Liz," she said. "I didn't see you there."

"Obviously," Liz snapped. "Why don't you look where you're going?"

"I have a lot on my mind, Liz, so back off." Sam replied. "You know what? I don't have time for this."

"Yeah, I'm sure you have to go whore for your husband," Liz hissed. "Everyone knows you only married him for his money."

Sam slapped Liz. "One, you don't know what you're talking about. And, two, your jealousy is showing. You might want to hide it before you lose your saintly image." Sam retorted and walked outside.

Sonny walked down the street with a bouquet of daisies and daffodils in his hand. He turned the corner and made his way through the gates of the cemetery. As he walked, he remembered the first time this day had any meaning to him. Sonny felt guilty that he hadn't given her the respect she deserved, either of them. Otherwise, maybe they wouldn't be so far apart now, maybe she wouldn't have fallen so far had he simply listened. And maybe the one he visited today would still be with them had he made other choices.

Sonny shook his head, clearing his thoughts of old hurts, deciding that today was a day to honor, rather than grieve. As he approached the gravesite, he heard someone talking; a woman, and he knew exactly who it was.

Sam walked slowly through the cemetery, trying to rid herself of her anger with Elizabeth. She didn't want to bring any extra negativity where she was going. Besides, she had such great news to share with them, despite the sadness of the day.

Sam headed straight to her daughter's grave. She knelt down, placing the flowers near the marker, and sighed.

"Happy birthday, baby girl! Four years old..." Sam trailed off, looking down at her hands. She didn't notice Sonny walk into the area. "You would be walking and talking, headed to preschool." Sam began to cry. "I miss you, baby girl. But I know your Uncle Danny is taking good care of you...and I know you're taking care of him right back."

Sam paused. Sonny started to move towards her, but hesitated when he heard her continue.

"I've finally moved on, darling. Don't think I love you any less, I don't, I couldn't; but I realized I couldn't hold onto the pain unless I was wanted to self-destruct for good." Sam continued. "And I thank God that I let that pain go...but I will never let you go. That's why I had to come here, today. I couldn't let you think that I could forget you."

"I have a surprise for you, baby girl. Tell your Uncle Danny you're going to be a big sister! That's right, mama's pregnant. It's a miracle, baby girl, just like you. And now you'll have a little brother or sister to look after, I know you'll do a terrific job. I love you so much." Sam finished, tears still falling softly down her cheeks.

Sonny cleared his throat. "Sam?"

Sam whirled around. "Sonny?" Sam said, surprised. "I didn't expect to see you."

"And that's my fault," Sonny started.

"Let's not do this. Let's not play the blame game while we stand over our daughter's grave." Sam interjected.

"You're right, I just wanted to wish our little girl a happy birthday. But you were already here when I arrived," Sonny replied, walking over to Sam.

"Did-Did you hear anything?" Sam asked.

"Yes," Sonny answered, placing his flowers on the grave. "You're really pregnant? I thought it was impossible."

"So did I. But I'm proof that miracles happen, I just had to tell our daughter first." Sam said.

"I'm happy for you, Sam. Really I am," Sonny stated earnestly.

Sam smiled. "Thank you, Sonny. I appreciate it. I can barely believe it. I'm gonna have a baby!"

Sonny smiled and enfolded Sam in his arms. "Congratulations, Sam. I know you'll be amazing." He kissed her cheek and hugged her again. "If you need anything, please let me know. Anything at all." Sonny clasped Sam's hands in his. "Please believe me."

"I believe you, Sonny. Thank you." Sam replied honestly. Sam kissed Sonny on his cheek and he enveloped her in a big hug. (A/N:Picture the SamSon hug after they realized Jason had his memories back...w/ the Sonny groan of pleasure/happiness.)

"What's going on here?" A voice they both recognized sounded behind them. They turned to see Jason standing there, expressionless.
clarityfades
clarityfades
Mafioso
Mafioso

Female
Number of posts : 5584
Location : In Ric's bed...with Ian, Lucky, Nik & Sonny...yes, I'm greedy
Registration date : 2008-08-25

Back to top Go down

Good News on a Bad Day Empty Re: Good News on a Bad Day

Post  clarityfades Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:06 am

Disclaimer: See chap. 1...I don't own anything

Chapter 2

Sam drew back from Sonny. "Please don't tell him the news," she whispered softly. "The father deserves to know before anyone else."

"You have my word," Sonny replied as he clasped Sam's hands in his. "I won't say anything to Jason, or anyone else for that matter."

"Thank you, Sonny." Sam said. Then, "What do you want, Jason?" as she turned towards him.

"You didn't answer my question. What's going on here?" Jason asked again.

"What does it look like, Jason?" Sam asked, exasperated and a little angry. "We're mourning our daughter, what do you think is going on?"

Jason was silent.

"Oh my God! You thought we were starting up an affair again. Didn't you?" Sam accused.

"Well, you two did look pretty cozy," Jason said jealously.

"Jason, stop it," Sonny interrupted. "We were merely comforting each other. Back off."

"I have no desire to deal with you right now, Jason." Sam stated and turned to Sonny. "Thank you, your support means a lot."

Sonny smiled at Sam. "You're welcome. I'll stay here and handle Jason, you go spread your news."

"I will. Bye Sonny," she said, kissing his cheek. "Good-bye, Jason."

"Bye, Sam," Sonny replied. "Take care of yourself."

"Sam! Wait!" Jason started.

"Leave her be, Jason." Sonny said. "Just leave her be."

"What's going on, Sonny?" Jason asked.

"That's no longer any of your business, Jason. Your choice." Sonny replied. "Ill leave you to pay your respects, I have something I need to take care of."

"Sonny, I'm sorry I overreacted." Jason admitted.

"I'm not the one you should be apologizing to," Sonny said.

"You're right," Jason responded. "I'll talk to you later."

"Bye Jason."

Sam returned home more than a little annoyed. "Stupid Jason, putting me in a bad mood. I was actually dealing with the anniversary of my baby's death, especially in light of my good news, and then I had to see him. It was nice of Sonny to defend me for once, though, I'll have to be nicer to him. Now, to get things ready!" Sam called her husband, checking to see if he'd be home on time. After getting the affirmative, Sam quickly called their favorite restaurant and ordered a special meal to be delivered in a couple hours.

Sam went upstairs to take a long bubble bath, she wanted to look her best tonight. She dressed in a simple black sheath dress, and left her hair down, just the way he liked it. Sam looked at the time and hurried downstairs; the food would be arriving directly, and Ian would be home from work shortly after. She set the table with china and candles, and dimmed the lights. The doorbell rang just as she was putting the finishing touches on the ambience. It was the restaurant, delivering their meal; after Sam paid them, she plated the food and waited for Ian to arrive.

Moments later, he walked through the door.

"Hello, Samantha," Ian said.

"Hey, honey," Sam replied. "How was work?"

"Fine, what's going on?" Ian asked. "I didn't miss your birthday, did I?"

"No, just a special meal for the two of us." Sam stated. "Go get cleaned up, I'll open the wine."

As Ian headed upstairs, Sam grabbed a bottle of white wine and a bottle of sparkling cider. She opened the cider and poured herself a glass; then, opened the wine and filled Ian's glass as well. Ian came down the stairs.

"Everything looks wonderful," he said, reaching Sam's side and kissing her on the cheek.

"Good. I'm glad, let's eat!" Sam said a little nervously. Ian seated Sam and they enjoyed their meal. When Ian went to top off Sam's "wine", Sam stopped him.

"I'm fine, Ian. Actually, there's something I need to tell you." Sam admitted.

"Is everything alright?" Ian asked worriedly.

"I hope so," Sam replied. "It's just I don't know how to tell you or how you'll react."

"Okay, then just tell me, I promise not to get mad," Ian swore.

"Okay, here goes nothing," Sam began. "I'm pregnant."

--------------------
clarityfades
clarityfades
Mafioso
Mafioso

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  clarityfades Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:08 am

Disclaimer: Don't own it.

A/N: Really short chappie, starting to get to the end here!

Chapter 3

Ian spit out his wine. "You're pregnant? Are you sure?"

"Ian, I peed on the stick, and saw the doctor," Sam said with a smile. "I'm sure. I'm pregnant."

"You mean we're pregnant," Ian said.

"You're happy about this? Really?" Sam asked.

"Of course I am! I'm thrilled," Ian replied as he walked to Sam, knelt and put a hand on her knee. "It's a miracle," he continued. "Our own perfect miracle, how could you think I wouldn't be happy?"

"Well, it's not like we got married under traditional circumstances," Sam started.

"But I love you, Samantha," Ian stated simply.

"And I love you, but just because you love someone, doesn't mean you want a child with them; I found that out the hard way once. I don't want to fall again." Sam answered honestly.

"I want this baby, Sam. Believe it, it's the truth. I can't wait for her to be born." Ian said.

"Her? How can you be so sure it's a girl?" Sam teased.

"Because I want a little girl as brave and beautiful as her mother." Ian replied.

"You are the sweetest man, you know that?" Sam said.

"I try. It's not going to be easy, especially when the family finds out," Ian stated as he turned and walked a few paces away.

"I know, but I don't care." Sam answered, following him.

"Neither do I, darling. But we should be prepared." Ian admitted, turning back and grabbing Sam's hands gently. "When my mother finds out-"

"Your mother?" Sam interrupted. "What about mine? Alexis will be thrilled, but she doesn't exactly trust you yet. Not with Jerry in her ear every five seconds."

"But at least you know she wants you to be happy, mine just wants to be right," Ian responded.

"Don't worry about it. Let me handle Tracy, everything will be fine." Sam replied. "So, whatcha wanna do to celebrate?"

Ian smirked. "You'll see," Ian said as he swept Sam into his arms and carried her upstairs.

--------------------
clarityfades
clarityfades
Mafioso
Mafioso

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  clarityfades Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:09 am

Disclaimer: Don't own the characters...

A/N: Getting down to it now...one more chappie to go! & tiny smut warning...very PG-13 to an R...nothing more.

Chapter 4

Ian carried Sam into their bedroom; he gently kissed her, and lay her on the bed.

"I am so blessed to have you," Ian whispered, stroking her face.

"Your heart, your love, and now, our baby. I promise you will never regret this, Samantha," Ian said fiercely.

"I could never regret you, Ian. Never! You're stuck with me, forever," Sam replied with a gentle smile.

Ian returned her smile and stroked her neck. He sat beside her on the bed, and rolled her to her side. Ian bent over and kissed the nape of Sam's neck, planting kisses down her back. His hand moved to the concealed zipper, and slowly inched it downwards, his mouth following.

Sam shivered.

"Cold?" Ian asked, Sam's back now bared to him.

"Not exactly," she replied, looking over her shoulder at him. He laughed, leaning forward to nip at her lip.

"Patience, my Sam," Ian said. He slipped the dress off of her, and stared at his wife lying there in nothing but tiny, black, bikini briefs. "You are so beautiful, Samantha. How did I get so lucky?"

"You aren't gonna get lucky if you don't get down here!" Sam said with a pout. Ian grinned, but quickly shed his clothing and joined her on the bed.

Sam stroked Ian's chest, and wrapped her arms around his freckled shoulders. "I love you so much, Ian. Make love to me," she pleaded as she moved in for a kiss.

They kissed for a long moment before lack of oxygen forced them to break apart. Ian kissed his way down Sam's neck to her breasts. He rolled one nipple between two fingers as he gently kissed and licked the other. Sam writhed on the bed. "Oh Ian!" she exclaimed. Ian knew Sam was almost ready for him, they were always so passionate together. But he wanted tonight to be perfect.

As his mouth moved to her other breast, his hand slowly trailed down her stomach. His fingers brushed the top of her panties, and Sam grabbed the back of his head in passion. "Please, Ian," she begged. Ian slid his hand just inside, tapping her clit. She moaned. He did it again.

"Ian," Sam groaned. She grabbed his head and yanked his face even with hers, smashing their lips together. Sam's hand traced Ian's side down to his hip, and reaching around, gave his ass a firm squeeze. "Ian, now," she said.

"Patience, Samantha," Ian tutted, his voice showing the strain of his restraint. Sam reached in between them and grabbed his hard penis. "No, Ian, NOW!" she exclaimed, stroking it.

Ian laughed. She squeezed. "No more toying with me, Ian."

"Yes, ma'am," he replied swiftly removing her panties. Ian hovered over Sam, and looked into her dark eyes. He saw all the love and desire and promise he could ever want in her eyes. "I love you, Samantha," he said as he slowly slid into her.

Sam gasped. "I love you, too," she managed weakly. They moved together, slowly at first, loving each other; but soon the pace sped up, as they slapped together. Sam screamed as her climax washed over her, Ian following swiftly behind, collapsing on top of Sam. They lay there for a few minutes until Ian gathered the strength to flop on the bed beside his wife.

"Wow," he said, still breathing heavily.

"That's what I thought," Sam said, wheezing slightly. She turned her head. "So, you really do want this baby? Truly?"

"Truly, Sam. And I'm going to love our child with everything in me," Ian responded, pulling Sam close.

"I love you, Ian Devlin," Sam said, snuggling into her husband and yawning.

"And I love you, Samantha Devlin," Ian said.

--------------------
clarityfades
clarityfades
Mafioso
Mafioso

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  clarityfades Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:11 am

Disclaimer: Still don't own it.

A/N: This is it, kids! Thanks for the lovely ride, an epilogue will follow.

Chapter 5

Sam woke up reaching for Ian but only touching empty space. She sat up abruptly, "Where could he be?" she thought. The shower wasn't running, and his side of the bed was cold. Sam looked at the alarm clock next to the bed. Oh! It's 10:18 a.m., he probably wanted to let me sleep in.

Sam heard a CRASH from downstairs. She threw on a robe and hurried down to investigate. As she neared the kitchen, she heard her husband swearing.

"Shit motherfucker goddamn it, that hurt! Oh, now you stay out of the way," Ian said. "Stupid fucking cat! You're lucky Sam loves you, or you might find yourself homeless right now!"

Sam peeked into the kitchen to survey the damage and snorted quietly. Ian stood there, his shirt covered in eggs and coffee. Toast, fruit, juice and the rest of the eggs decorated the kitchen floor along with broken crockery and a syrup-covered rose. "Oh my god! Good thing the cat was Ian's one-month anniversary present to me, or she might be dead!" Sam thought.

Sam couldn't hold it in any longer and laughed loudly. Ian's head shot up in surprise.

"Sam! I, uh, didn't know you were awake!" Ian said.

"I can see that!" Sam replied, still guffawing. "What happened here?"

"What happened is that damn cat!" Ian complained. "I planned to bring you breakfast in bed when Sasha decided she needed attention right then."

Sam controlled herself. "That was very sweet of you, Ian. And don't worry about breakfast, we can clean this up and go out to eat." She said, a chuckle escaping.

"You aren't doing anything to clean up this mess; it's my mess, I'll take care of it," Ian stated.

"But it was for me," Sam argued.

"Nice try, Sam. Besides, what kind of man do you take me for? You are going to be so spoiled during this pregnancy." Ian insisted.

"I'm already spoiled," Sam replied.

"Well, now, you'll be even more so. The mother of my child deserves the best." Ian said.

"You're pregnant!" Tracy exclaimed from the doorway.

"Tracy!" "Mom!"

"Tell me it isn't true, Ian. Tell me you didn't knock up this trash!" Tracy spit out.

"Back off, Mom! Yes, Sam's pregnant and we're very happy about it. If you can't support us, you know where the door is and I suggest you use it right now." Ian continued.

"Ian!" Tracy said, feigning hurt.

"Ian's right, Tracy. We've put up with you badmouthing me and our relationship since we got together." Sam said. "Leave if you can't act like a real mother."

"Well, Mom?" Ian asked.

"I'm leaving, but I'll be back," Tracy promised.

"Don't let the door hit your ass on the way out!" Sam said cheerily.

"That could've gone better," Ian said.

"Are you kidding me? Yeah, I would've liked more than 24 hours to get used to being pregnant before Tracy found out; but, that was a lot better than I thought it was going to be." Sam admitted.

"You may have a point. Why don't you get ready and we'll go out to breakfast once I clean up this mess." Ian replied.

"Sounds good. I'll take Sasha with me so she doesn't cause you any more problems," Sam said with a grin.

"Thanks," Ian deadpanned as Sam exited the kitchen. "Oh, Samantha?"

Sam came back into the kitchen. "Yes, Ian?"

"I love you. I realized I hadn't said it today," Ian answered.

"I love you, too." Sam flashed Ian a soft smile and went to get ready.

--------------------
clarityfades
clarityfades
Mafioso
Mafioso

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  clarityfades Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:14 am

Disclaimer: Don't own shit.

A/N: Ok, this is it for real this time, guys! Thank you so much for reading this and letting me know what you thought. It's been a fun ride!

Epilogue

Sam waddled into the garden at Wyndemere; which one, she had no idea, she never could keep track. All that mattered was it was the site of the party. The garden was decorated simply with balloons, streamers, and a few floral arrangements, the perfect decor for a child's birthday party. Sam saw her husband walking towards her.

"Sam, you shouldn't be on your feet! Come, sit down," Ian urged as he reached her side.

"Ian, I'm fine and just entered my third trimester; you worry too much." Sam replied.

"Just humor me," Ian said.

"Fine," Sam said with a smile. "But no hovering!"

"Yes, ma'am!" Ian saluted and smirked.

"Make way for the birthday girl!" Alexis came through the crowd, holding Sam and Ian's one-year-old daughter, Alexa Lily. She placed Alexa in her booster seat right in front of the cake. Sam and Ian joined their daughter and her grandmother at the table. Soon, Tracy, Luke, and the rest of the Quartermaine clan drew near.

"Has anyone seen the other kids?" Sam asked. "We can't start without them."

"Right here, Sam," Kristina said. "Molly and I cornered the boys just as they were about to eat bugs; we convinced them cake would taste better."

The boys crept out from behind their aunts, their clothes filthy.

"Sean Patrick Devlin! Michael Liam Devlin! What did I tell you about getting dirty?" Sam screeched.

"Sorry, Mama," the four-year-old twins said, sheepishly. "We got distracted."

"I can see that," Sam replied.

"Well, get over here, boys," Ian interjected. "You both can sit next to your cousin Spencer; we're about to sing 'Happy Birthday'."

The twins quickly did what their father said and they all sang. As they reached the end, Alexa slapped her hand in the middle of the cake, and proceeded to smear it all over her face.

"Looks like someone likes the cake!" Alexis said. "That's okay, Grandma's got her."

As she reached for her granddaughter, Tracy swooped in. "That's right, Grandma's got you, angel," Tracy said as she grabbed Alexa and headed inside, Alexis hot on her heels.

Everyone laughed as the women left.

"How times change," Ian commented.

"Yup, Tracy's really mellowed." Sam snarked. "She hasn't even asked me to take a paternity test with this one!"

"She loves you, you know that, right?" Ian said, hugging Sam to him.

"And she hates me just as often," Sam replied.

"True, but she's better than before" Ian said.

"You're right," Sam conceded. "She's just lucky I know how much she loves you and the kids; or I'd kick her ass into next Tuesday."

"So, why didn't that stop you last month when you socked her?" Ian asked.

"One, she was being a bitch. Two, hormones...they just got the best of me!" Sam explained with a grin.

"You know you can only use that excuse for a few more months," Ian warned teasingly.

"And I'm going to milk every second of them," Sam promised. They laughed together, and watched as their family enjoyed the party.

THE END

--------------------
clarityfades
clarityfades
Mafioso
Mafioso

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Stacy Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:54 am

Bravo! Bravo! Bravo! great job Clarity!! Only thing I would suggest is including why Sam & Ian got married since they both refer to it as unconventional. LOL curiosity gets the best of me everytime. I oved that you made Ian tracy's son since I always thought TIIC were going that way.
Stacy
Stacy
Hitman
Hitman

Female
Number of posts : 2831

http://davidaware.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  clarityfades Tue Nov 04, 2008 6:14 pm

Stacy wrote:Bravo! Bravo! Bravo! great job Clarity!! Only thing I would suggest is including why Sam & Ian got married since they both refer to it as unconventional. LOL curiosity gets the best of me everytime. I oved that you made Ian tracy's son since I always thought TIIC were going that way.

Thank you! I didn't cover WHY they got married b/c it wasn't important to this story...they'd moved past it when they fell in love. This started out as SIN-implied, & was meant to be more about Sam getting pregnancy news on the anniversary of her baby's death. But it grew from there, & I decided to not go into the hows & why they got married, to keep the focus on the current relationship.
clarityfades
clarityfades
Mafioso
Mafioso

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Stacy Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:57 am

Thanks for the explanation! I read the others & they were great as well! The other two gave me a visual of how they could have been together ( I know they didn't go together but it gave me that visual wink ). Again Great Job!!!!!!
Stacy
Stacy
Hitman
Hitman

Female
Number of posts : 2831

http://davidaware.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  jasefan Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:41 pm

Great Job!! smooches